Thread: Priceless

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    Ingenious. ;)
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

Too bad he dumped it in favor for a bandpassed Jenson

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/556513/3

JL sealed box recommendations: 5 gallon bucket

Practical Audio Guru Site Moderator CT!!'s Avatar
    Pretty crazy.
    You are NOT your audio logo. It's a means to an end, people!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by CT!!
    Pretty crazy.
    The crazy thing is that it WORKED! The diameter of the bucket was just the right size to mount the sub (with minimal gasket filler), although the volume of that box was pretty small (5 gallons = 0.668 cubic feet). So what crazy things would you make a box out of? Tool box? Fishtank? Drum shell? Hehe.

~FordX

Quote Originally Posted by FordXplod93
    The crazy thing is that it WORKED! The diameter of the bucket was just the right size to mount the sub (with minimal gasket filler), although the volume of that box was pretty small (5 gallons = 0.668 cubic feet). So what crazy things would you make a box out of? Tool box? Fishtank? Drum shell? Hehe.

~FordX
    Drum shell, that's perfect. Can you imagine how cool that would look to have a 15" sub mounted in the middle of a bass drum (reinforced internally of course).

Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    Drum shell, that's perfect. Can you imagine how cool that would look to have a 15" sub mounted in the middle of a bass drum (reinforced internally of course).
    For an exact fit, you would have to use a rack-mounted tom drum. Bass drums are usually 22" in diameter. You can get tom drum shells in 10" and 12" diameter pretty cheap....I might have to do some experimenting! Think it would produce a great sound?

Quote Originally Posted by FordXplod93
    For an exact fit, you would have to use a rack-mounted tom drum. Bass drums are usually 22" in diameter. You can get tom drum shells in 10" and 12" diameter pretty cheap....I might have to do some experimenting! Think it would produce a great sound?
    We'll have to use an Apocaylpse with a 22" round diaphragm with the bass drum.

Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    We'll have to use an Apocaylpse with a 22" round diaphragm with the bass drum.
    Hahahahaha, good God that would be incredible. Actually, we could build plates to seal off the front and rear of the drum, and have a mounting hole in the middle for the sub. We'd need the extra volume of the bass drum enclosure.

~FordX

Thread Information