Junior Member Registered Member

Question Solara Convertible sound system problems

I moved the following caraudio sound system from a 1996 Chrysler Sebring Convertible (EXCELLENT sound) to a 2001 Toyota Solara Convertible (much poorer sound): Alpine CD Receiver 7892 50x4 watts, PrecisionPower PC250 amplifier, 12" JVL Subwoofer in custom box, and mbquart speakers. This system was excellent+ in Sebring, and is significantly poorer in Solara, even after 1+ hour of tuning/modifications to crossover, etc. Any ideas on why this is the case?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Mark M
    Last edited by mmorris; 03-18-2004 at 17:48. Reason: grammar

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmorris
    I moved the following caraudio sound system from a 1996 Chrysler Sebring Convertible (EXCELLENT sound) to a 2001 Toyota Solara Convertible (much poorer sound): Alpine CD Receiver 7892 50x4 watts, PrecisionPower PC250 amplifier, 12" JVL Subwoofer in custom box, and mbquart speakers. This system was excellent+ in Sebring, and is significantly poorer in Solara, even after 1+ hour of tuning/modifications to crossover, etc. Any ideas on why this is the case?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Mark M
    Care to elaborate on more why it sounds bad, like the highs are lacking, lacking midbass, the bass is lacking. Cant help if I dont know whats lacking or wrong
    Thats my 2 cents.

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy E
    Care to elaborate on more why it sounds bad, like the highs are lacking, lacking midbass, the bass is lacking. Cant help if I dont know whats lacking or wrong
    Easy's right, there could be a million and one reasons why it sounds poorer/different. Not only tell us what's lacking, but tell us what's different about the install. For example, were the speakers mounted in a different spot? Subwoofer facing a different direction? 2 different cars usually mean 2 completely different installations unless you did a lot of custom work. Let us know and we'll try to nail it down for you.

~FordX
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

Senior Member Registered Member
    it may because of the accustics involved, could it be a differnt cabin size and area, the sound dose not reflect as well as it did in the sebring? are the amps getting the same power? are you using the factory speaker wiring for the speakers or are you using all of your wiring? did you bypass the factory amp?

Senior Member Registered Member
    haha ford, u beat me by 3 mins

Thread Information