n00b in Training Registered Member J-Protege's Avatar

Forget the Turbonator, Check This Out!

I was going to buy 25 turbonators for my car, and line them all up for the ulmitate power, but then i saw this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-BHP-Power-R...QQcmdZViewItem

And well, after reading that, what else is there to say?

Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Protege
    I was going to buy 25 turbonators for my car, and line them all up for the ulmitate power, but then i saw this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-BHP-Power-R...QQcmdZViewItem

And well, after reading that, what else is there to say?

BWAHAHA! It almost makes me embarressed to admit that back in the day when I knew nothing about cars, I fell for that. Its a pretty simply theory, it plugs in and tricks your ECU into thinking the air is colder than it really is...so your engine advances timing and dumps more gas. It can cause problems like detonation, fouled up spark plugs, nasty exhaust, etc. etc.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    We have concluded that adding a turbonator doesnt add horse power so adding 15 of them wouldnt help power at all...

That Resistor chip is the funniest website ever. If someone actually believes any of that wow...
    Thats my 2 cents.

n00b in Training Registered Member J-Protege's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy E
    We have concluded that adding a turbonator doesnt add horse power so adding 15 of them wouldnt help power at all...
    Yeh, I was trying to be sarcastic :/

I think its awesome that someone made this page to make fun of all the 'miracle' ebay items out there.

Spam Reaper Site Moderator Slanter's Avatar
    There was another auction on Ebay a while ago from somebody who was advertising an "amazing gas saver" or something similar. It was a block of wood to put under the accelerator. Wish I could find that link again.
    Slanter - redefining "jury rigged repair" since 1997
    '66 Dodge Dart & 2000 Ford Focus -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    or
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Junior Member Registered Member

Don't knock it until you try it

I installed a Turbonator on my 2005 Ford Focus and my gas mileage went from averaging 30 mpg to 35 mpg. I wasn't interested in horsepower but the gas savings is well worth the cost.

Thread Information