Hybrid View

Senior Member Registered Member

Good subs for 1000w Lanzar Vibe 425

I was wondering what a couple of subs that bump hard and have decent sq would be. I'm using a Lanzar Vibe 425 now and my plan is to wire it up to 4 dif DVC subs @ 2 ohms. One pair would occupy a dual 10" sealed Audiobahn enclosure (not sure of the volume) and I'm not sure what kind of box I would use for the 12's but space isn't a problem considering how I have a van. The amp is 4 x 200 RMS @ 2 ohms and I'm not looking to spend more than 100$ per 12 and 150$ for a pair 10's (just a poor teenager working in the fast food industry :-( ).

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Don't run 10s and 12s, pick one. If you run both, you'll have a lot of cancellation, and you're sq will go through the floor. If you want a lot of output with 1000 watts, look at a pair of Tempests. They'll give you all the SPL and SQ you'll want, for about $300 for the pair. You'll have to build you're own box for them.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    Don't run 10s and 12s, pick one. If you run both, you'll have a lot of cancellation, and you're sq will go through the floor. If you want a lot of output with 1000 watts, look at a pair of Tempests. They'll give you all the SPL and SQ you'll want, for about $300 for the pair. You'll have to build you're own box for them.
    I agree, dont run mic combo woofers, also find a pair of 4 ohm subs and run them in parrell and call the day. Tempest will work well, good SQ good bass And cheap too.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Senior Member Registered Member
    Thanks for telling me about the cancellation I hadn't really thought of that. What I'd really like is to have 2 Audiobahn 10's to fit in my sealed box and probably 2 other 10's in a ported enclosure. I was kind of set on the Audiobahn piston subs (AWP-210's), because I can get them pretty cheap (120$ for the pair) and they're pretty efficient; but I'd like to know how those sound in a sealed box before I would buy them. I'm not sure what the other 10's would be, but I would like something pretty cheap, can hit lows + bumps hard, and is efficient. I have plenty of time to decide since I just spent alot of my cash on new wiring, connectors, etc.

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    For the most part, excluding their very top line, Audiobahn sounds like crap. For the most part, Audiobahn just gets loud, but their piston line is not one known for getting loud.

My best advice would be to go with a pair of 12s or a pair of 15s, and build your own box, you'll get much better SQ, probably more out-put, and you'll hit the lows so much cleaner.

Junior Member Registered Member
    I never built my own box. Does that really enhance SQ??

Thread Information