Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member Registered Member

Whats the law on 'bumpin' our loud a$$ Subs?

What are all the laws and things i need to know about bumpin my system. I will be driving my load in 2 weeks and want to know all the things that i need to know.

I live in California.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    look it up in your local law it can varry between city. Ask a local police offiicer if your lazy to look it up and ask about noise ordinances etc.
    Thats my 2 cents.

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    General law is:

If you can be heard more than 75 feet away, it's a sound ordinance violation
    If you can be heard between 10 pm and 6 am, it's a violation (at least around here).

Basically, don't bump too loud too much. If your in a residential area, keep it down. If you're out cruising counrty roads, bump all you want, chances are, no-one will care. And, if you're a compulsive blaster, just shut it off after dark.

Senior Member Registered Member
    In my town the laws are the same as CVStroker

Post Whore

Ok, now you're post whoring.
    That's my job!!!

Eh, in my hometown (hillsdale, MI), the sound ordinances aren't enforced. I live in Mt. Pleasant now, and they aren't inforced either. But in Ann Arbor, MI, they are strict on it--if they can hear it past 50ft away, its too loud.

hess.

Well i live in San Diego of California.. and its loud over here. so maybe i can bump my **** late at night... heheh

Don't. Have some respect for people that are trying to sleep and turn it down at night. Just because you have a system doesn't mean you have to let everybody in the city know about it. Besides, the more you bump, and the louder you bump, the more likely your stuff is going to get jacked.

Just be respectful and think before you crank it adn you will be fine.

true true i got you... i understand and respect taht

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    I think the laws in IL (as told by CVStroker) are pretty good. With loud systems, it's not so much the police you have to worry about. The bigger threat is thieves who hear your system, make a mental note of your car, and steal it later. Or people who happen to get pissed off and/or jealous and rip your system right out from under you. Happens a lot if you blast at stop lights, in parking lots, or in residential neighborhoods. In small towns where I grew up in IL, people knew you no matter what neighborhood you drove in.
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

I don't live in a high theft area, but I would find a cheap security system online and get it installed if you have put a lot of time and money into your system.

Quote Originally Posted by ijoey1017i
    I don't live in a high theft area, but I would find a cheap security system online and get it installed if you have put a lot of time and money into your system.
    Other than LoJack (which only helps if your entire car is stolen), find me one good security system that will prevent thieves from stealing your stuff. For cheap or expensive, there isn't. That's why not blasting it everywhere you go is one of the best ways to avoid theft.

If you are familar with the technology they use for stun guns. You could build a box with handles that act as a stun gun when armed. They would be pretty "shocked" when they went to pick up your sub box. Granted they could pick it up a different way but atleast they would get shocked first.

If you are familar with the technology they use for stun guns. You could build a box with handles that act as a stun gun when armed. They would be pretty "shocked" when they went to pick up your sub box. Granted they could pick it up a different way but atleast they would get shocked first.
    LOL, now THAT'S awesome! Hehe, that's going to be a feature in my next box, just you watch. ;)

CAPS AREN'T USELESS!!!!!

Especially a 3 farad one hooked up to the shock handles, hehe, that will make them think twice before trying to grab the box again.

Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    CAPS AREN'T USELESS!!!!!

Especially a 3 farad one hooked up to the shock handles, hehe, that will make them think twice before trying to grab the box again.
    How about a Alumapro 15 farad cap Well then, dont want to kill them, high amperage will kill someone, high voltage will just stun them. I say go with a high voltage power supply post the voltage up to 1kv and low output power supply keep the amperage bellow 50ma shouldnt kill them but should teach them a lesson ;)
    Thats my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy E
    How about a Alumapro 15 farad cap Well then, dont want to kill them, high amperage will kill someone, high voltage will just stun them. I say go with a high voltage power supply post the voltage up to 1kv and low output power supply keep the amperage bellow 50ma shouldnt kill them but should teach them a lesson ;)
    Ya know, that really is a good use for a capacitor, but you wouldn't need something as big as 0.5F. You could get away with a couple of microfarad capacitors. EDIT: Here's a good link on building a simple stunner operated by a momentary switch. http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/circ/dazer.htm
    Last edited by FordXplod93; 03-15-2004 at 09:38.

Quote Originally Posted by FordXplod93
    Ya know, that really is a good use for a capacitor, but you wouldn't need something as big as 0.5F. You could get away with a couple of microfarad capacitors. EDIT: Here's a good link on building a simple stunner operated by a momentary switch. http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/circ/dazer.htm
    lol your crazy ford oh well Yeah I will go read that when I have time.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Haha I think this would be a great idea! Imagine it some goes to grab the handle of your box and zap! I bet they would run because they would be so scared! lol
    Well if anyone does build a box liek that take pictures adn send them to me !!
    hahaha

Haha I think this would be a great idea! Imagine it some goes to grab the handle of your box and zap! I bet they would run because they would be so scared! lol
    Well if anyone does build a box liek that take pictures adn send them to me !!
    hahaha
    It is something I might strongly consider on my next box for the summer. The circuit described before is powered by a 9V battery, so there wouldn't even be any drain on the system. Just mount the circuits (1 for each handle) inside the box and there ya go. ;)

Yeah thast sweet I looked at the design and I think I am going to build a mini stun gun key chain. lol
    It should be great but I'm goign to use Nickle Chadium so that I can shock my friends!

Yeah thast sweet I looked at the design and I think I am going to build a mini stun gun key chain. lol
    It should be great but I'm goign to use Nickle Chadium so that I can shock my friends!
    My plan is to hook the momentary switch up to a wire that trips when the box is unbolted from the frame/mount in my vehicle. That way it's only charged when it's unbolted/ripped out. ;)

Haha thats going to be sweet!
    Maybe you could put chicken wire on the bottom of your box or something like that(thin wire) so that they just can't take the box at all you know. So the get shock and are liek well lets find somehting none metal and they thinks its carpet adn bam there goes another shock then I think they will say screw it and take off.
    Just use your creative evil imagination.

Haha thats going to be sweet!
    Maybe you could put chicken wire on the bottom of your box or something like that(thin wire) so that they just can't take the box at all you know. So the get shock and are liek well lets find somehting none metal and they thinks its carpet adn bam there goes another shock then I think they will say screw it and take off.
    Just use your creative evil imagination.
    One problem with that dude. They'll probably get pissed at your stuff because it keeps shocking them, and they'll damage it. Then they'll leave after they've destroyed it.

Thread Information