Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar

Joey/Stroker (Box Design)

Alright guys, I'm working on modelling this box (I'm solid modelling it first, then creating the 2D drawing off of that). I've got you down for the following:

-Exterior Dims: 40"W x 14"H x 14"D
    -3/4" MDF (assumed)
    -12"W x 2.5"H slot port
    -1 12" RF Power HX2 subwoofer (10.875" mounting cutout)

Stroker, where did you get those port dimensions? I've got the sub mounted on the front 40"W panel, and the slot going on the top 40"W panel. The port is too close in size to mount on the 14"x14" side panel, because it only gives you 1/4" of material on either side. So I'm faced with 2 problems:

1) If the slot port stays where it is, I'm going to need to section off part of the interior with walls. How far down do you want me to go with the walls? All the way to the bottom leaving only 2.5" of space?

2) If I can change the port width to 12.5", I can use an entire side, but I still run into the walls problem. Let me know guys!

~FordX
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

Senior Member Registered Member
    Hey Cv I'm going to take picture of the instide of my explorer adn then I will should you what I want to do adn see if you can help me!
    THanks Ford!

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ijoey1017i
    Hey Cv I'm going to take picture of the instide of my explorer adn then I will should you what I want to do adn see if you can help me!
    THanks Ford!
    Stroker, me and Joey went through some of this planning, and he decided to scrap this design in favor of something a little more custom. Let me know if you guys need any more help on the solid model, 2D drawing, or feasability end.

~FordX
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

Thread Information