Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Junior Member Registered Member

InOp code

I have my code I have called the 800 # I have a 00 grand prix gt. I have tried to enter the code using the hr and min buttons,but get an InOp code . I have no idea what to do now I have read thru a few threads and have found nothing on an InOp code. I didn't get a book when I bought my car so i'm kinda clueless of what to do next. If anyone could help it would be gratly appriciated . If anyone has a solution you can email at

shanann33@hotmail.com

Angry Locked Out

I have a 2003 Chevrolet Express Van, I disconnected the positive battery terminal and now I need an unlock code. Can someone help me out?

Gonna Try

Surfin around I found this web site I have found the #9 radio with the option cd player in a salvage vehicle and want to put it in my truck hooked it up and nothing "thats why I was surfin" I will try your methods and see if they work and will let you know. Thanks to you people out there that dont DORK the hard working public its sad GM has to be that way and not provide it as a customer service.

Wink 1999 Chevy Suburban Delco Radio Lock Out

Thank You so much Knudville....I followed your instructions and it worked....My dealer wanted to charge me $160.00 to correct the problem.....what a rip off!!!

Angry 2005 Chevy Cobalt Radio Help

HELP!!!!! I started my car today and the radio came on for a few seconds then went into lock mode. I tried turning off the car and restarting it but it still says LOCK. Nothing had happen, no dead battery no nothing just out of the blue. I called a dealer ship and they want $50 to unlock it. Is there anyone who knows how to fix this on a ‘05 Chevy Cobalt manufactures radio? I've tried everything I've read here and can't get any code just continues to say LOCK.
    Thanks

delco radio code please factory 012015

Quote Originally Posted by L0g1cmaster
    I need the 4 or 6 digits scrambled code from the radio...by pushing the right combination of buttons you will be able to extract them, give it to me here, ill tell you your lock code...
    012015 is the factory code

Smile Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kdunville
    Try this, it worked for my 1998 Sunfire and a 1975 Monte Carlo.
    Press & hold the 2 & 3 buttons @ the same time for about 10 seconds; a 2 or 3 digit code will appear, write this # down,press & hold the am/fm button for about 10 seconds: another code will appear, write this # down, then call 1-800-537-5140 and enter 202108 followed by the # key, then enter the #'s that you wrote down from your radio followed by the * key. The call will give you a 3 or 4 digit override code. Write this code # down so you have it if you ever need it again. Enter this # into your radio following the instructions in your owners manual. If you get an override code that starts with 0, you drop the 0 when entering the code into your radio.
    If you don't have an owners manual, try this, press & hold the hour button until the first 2 digits of your code come up, then press & hold the minute button until the last 2 digits show. Then press the am/fm button. This should reset your stereo. It did mine.
    Hope you find this helpful.
    Hello Kdunville (from PEI - beautiful!):
    Thank you so much for your help - I was able to unlock my radio in two minutes flat (which had been frustratingly locked after we had some repairs done 4 weeks ago!).

2004 Chev Epica

My father's 2004 Chevy Epica's battery went dead. Now we need the radio code. I tried getting the scrambled code by holding the preset numbers 2 & 3 and came up with nothing. Can someone offer some advice? He took it to the local GM dealer and they want $100. He is 89 years old rather go without a radio than pay that.

01 Denali LOC'd

i get 052 when i press the 2&3 but nothing when i press the am/fm button

mine is #9 in the pictures.

thanks so much

rds radio

locked is what it says when i turn it on what can i do 2002 impala rds

didn't work

2000 Chev Impala
    bought radio after stock one died........installed no problem
    now it says LOCKED

looked here and tried the holding presets 2&3 but nothing happens.
    Now What??
    Thanks!

radio lock out

thank's for tips

Hi

I was wondering if you could help me tp unlock my car radio also

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    The person who was able to get those numbers no longer participates here (at least as I've seen). I doubt you'll get much of a helpful answer.

On another note, this thread should probably have it's sticky removed.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Lock

I have a 2001 Saturn Sc2. I have the four digit code for unlocking my radio. However, When I hold down the 5 and 6 buttons as per the manual, nothing happens. When I turn on the radio, it reads: LOCK. So I can't even enter my code. Any sugestions on how to enter my code, or am I screwed here? Thanks you.

need help with 2001 S10 locked out

I have a 2001 S10 I recently had battery out and now stereo is locked and I cannot find a code or how to set the stereo could someone help me? It is #4 in the pictures you have shown on page 1. I am not paying GM dealer prices to get this unlocked if possible. Hopefully someone can give me an answer thanks.

I will try this with mine too. I was also facing the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by FordXplod93
    I fished around online for awhile and here's what I came up with. All of it is legit except for where you have to fax this guy your number. I would instead take that number to a Chevy dealer. Hope it helps.

In order to properly restore your radio to operation you must first obtain the scrambled back-up code from the radio.
    1. Turn ignition on and radio power on.

2. Press and hold presets 2 and 3 for about 6 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed. Write the numbers down.

3. Press the AM/FM button, and the second 3 digits of the scrambled code are displayed. Write these numbers down. If the numbers do not change when pressing the AM/FM buttons, then your second three numbers are the same as the first three.

4. Fax me (FAX 1-888-995-9496) your name, your 6 digit code and your naisso member number. I will also need your daytime phone number to call you back to confirm. I will call GM and retreive an unlocking code, which only takes a few minutes. The reason I limit this to members is that I know most of you by name and this will limit the chances of anyone with a stolen radio from contacting me.

Once you receive your four digit unlock code from me do the following:
    1. Ignition on, Radio OFF.

2. Press the HR button until the "LOC" disappears and "000" appears on the display.
    Note: if the display does not change from "LOC" to "000" the unit is probably in the "InOP" stage and must be left alone for one hour with ignition power applied. Every three unsuccessful entries will put the unit into "InOP".

3. Set the first two digits (01-19) of the code with the HR (hours) button. (you will not see the zero if the first digit is a zero as in "02" for example)

4. Set the next two digits (00-99) of the code with the MIN (minute) button.

5. Press the AM/FM button to enter the code. The radio will now be unlocked and the display will change to the clock. Continue with the following steps to deactivate the theft deterrent.

6. Press the HR button until the display changes to "000".
    7. Repeat steps 3-5 above to remove the previous code and deactivate the theft deterrent system. You may set a new personal security code as per your owners manual instructions.

~FordX
    Thanks for the step by step guidance.

I need the 4 or 6 digits scrambled code from the radio...by pushing the right combination of buttons you will be able to extract them, give it to me here, ill tell you your lock code...
    Car Sale Hub
    Raleigh Used Cars

Quote Originally Posted by L0g1cmaster
    Give me your 4 or 6 digit scrambled code and ill give you the corresponding 4 digit unlocl code...

I cant stand dealers asking 30$ for doing this....what a ripoff
    hey how are ya i could really use some help,my scrambled code is 412423,any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated,im sick of getting ripped off from corparations like GM

hi,ive been trying to use the info provided,but i have a 1999 chev s10 so the 202 # isnt workin any help from u good people out there? my # is 412 423 any help would be great

mickeyc

I own a 2000 Grand Am GT. My battery died and I replaced it. The radio now says LOC. I retrieved the 6 digit code (692 703) from following the instructions from previous posts. I tried calling the posted GM number 1-800-537-5140 then entered 202108#. The response I get says that is invalid. Can any one help me to unlock my radio. No tunes when driving is driving me crazy.

Thanks very much

same as you all

I have a 97 olds with the code 182185, I tried the 1-800 number without sucess, can anyone help?

How to Unlock your car radio

Hi All,

Below is information I have copied from another site with the link to it below.

http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic181594.htm

The info to unlock your radio is from a post by pitbull2827 in the above link. Hopefully the info posted below is of some help.

This is the process for the CD deck. I assume it's the same for any 88-90 deck with the DelcoLok system. It may also work with 90+ DelcoLok I units.

1. Press and hold presets 2 and 3 for about 5 to 10 seconds until you
    get 3 digits on your display. This is the first 3 of 6 digits you will
    need, so write 'em down. (mine were 881)

2. After doing step one and writing down the code, immediately press the
    AM/FM button to get the last 3 of the 6 numbers you'll need, and write
    'em down. (if you wait too long between steps 1 and 2 and the LOC code
    displays again, just start over). (mine were 322)

3. Call this number, it's a prerecorded message, so don't worry about
    having to talk to anyone...1-800-537-5140. The voice will ask if you're
    calling for Chevy, Pontiac, Cadillac, etc... When you hear this,
    press 1 for chevy, followed by 02107and hit the * key. (i.e. 102107*) He'll ask you for the 6 digit code that you've written down.(mine was 881 322) Enter that and press the * key. He will then give you a code,(mine was 810 891)

4. To unlock the radio:

A. Turn the ignition on.
    B. Press “SET” (000 appears on display).
    C. Press “SEEK until the first digit of the code appears.

D. Press “TUNE" until the second and third digits
    E. Press "AM-FM" (000 appears on display).
    F. Press “SEEK” until the fourth digit of the code appears.
    G. Press “TUNE” until the fifth and sixth digits of the code appear.
    H. Press "AM-FM". Now the radio can be turned on.

see that help you good luck!!!!

Hope this is of some help to those who may need it!

Good Luck!

Hi,
    I have a question if anybody knows.Are the RE Audio subs still considered top tier or is there anything significantly better now?I have a 5 or 6 year old re 12" xxx sitting in the garage in an enclosure and was thinking about either installing it again or liquidating it.Any suggestion are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    r4 dsi

Thread Information