Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Junior Member Registered Member

Question my delco cdr500 is safe im not

hi all
    i am really desperate
    i have bought a second hand GM DELCO CDR500E CD PLAYER off a lady on ebay,
    being a woman my other half thought i would not be able to do anything without his help, but i purchased the removal tools, took out my old broken cassette/radio and duly put in my brand new second hand cd player, put in the code i was given only for it to tell me it was safe, SAFE, i then took the blooming thing out again and searched for the serial number. GOT IT.
    guess what I CANT FIND THE SERIAL NUMBER, i have been told i will be charged about 30 to 40 pounds at a garage, I ONLY PAID 21 FOR IT.
    So are there any really nice people out there that could possibly help me out,

My serial number is - GM1500X9183726
    My email is - adela.medlock@ntlworld.com

I really do hate it when these gadgets want to win

kindest regards
    adela

Junior Member Registered Member TBigLug's Avatar

2004 Cavalier, No Response from 2-3

Well, I'm in the fray with everyone else. I have a 2004 Cavalier that came stock with a AM/FM only radio. Bought a plain jane CD player off eBay out of a 2003 Cavvy (no RDS, MP3, XM anything like that). Tried holding down 2-3, nothing. Tried holding down 1-4 to get it to display SEC (nothing). Left the car with ACC on for a half-hour and tried above (nothing). Right now car is outside running to try the "Let it run for 60-90 min." I read on another site that all 2000+ Cavaliers had the radios tied to the VIN via some OBD II nonsense. Does anyone know if this is true? I can't imagine that on a AM/FM or even a base CD. I see people with newer than 2000 radios that have gotten this to work and I can't imagine it would be a Cavvy only design. Any help anyone could offer, I would greatly appreciate it.

Question

my led dont blink that means that it disable ?
    so i can replaced it with a aftermarket radio and put it back in when i sell it with no probems

glad i'm not the only one this happens to

Hello everyone, great info. My wife got a 2000 Malibu after her grandmother died, and everything was great until today. i tried to start it and it wouldn't start, luckily the positive cable was a little loose. i tightened it up but now i got the dreaded "LOC"
    using the info on here i retrieved the back up code
    "232-240" any info would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Talking 1999 Chevy S10 Delco Radio in LOC

Quote Originally Posted by Happyman
    Knudville's post on page 1 at 10/7/05 was right on the money for my 2000 Buick Century. Had my battery replaced which locked my radio. Followed his advice to retrive the codes - 2-3 buttons at the same time for 10 seconds to get 3 digits then the am/fm button to get the second set. Then called 1-800-537-5140 and entered 202108# DO NOT enter the a division code they ask for. Once you enter the 202108# it will ask you for the six digit code you retrieved followed by a *. They will then issue you a 4 digit number (at least mine was 4 digits that was preceded by a zero). Knudville said to drop the leading zero, I entered the code as stated, hit am/fm and darn if it did not work! I am so happy right now that I saved paying the dealer $50. I do not mind paying $ for service, but to charge me for 2 minutes work AND then to tell me that they get charged by GM is beyond comprehension since the 1-800 number is GM! Deal with me fairly and I will deal with you fairly!
    Great Job!!! Knudville's post on page 1 at 10/7/05 was right on the money. But I read and followed HAPPYMAN's directions and they worked perfectly! My '99 Chevy S10 had a Delco Radio in the "LOC" position. I did what you say to do. It took no time at all and I unlocked my radio but more importantly I Kept My $50.00 (I've got MS and I can no longer work. I can't aford to throw money away) Thank You Thank You, Thank You, No, Seriously Sir - Thank You

worked for me too, thankfully, i have an 8 hour trip that i'm leaving for in about 4 hours.

Need your help

Quote Originally Posted by FordXplod93
    I fished around online for awhile and here's what I came up with. All of it is legit except for where you have to fax this guy your number. I would instead take that number to a Chevy dealer. Hope it helps.

In order to properly restore your radio to operation you must first obtain the scrambled back-up code from the radio.
    1. Turn ignition on and radio power on.

2. Press and hold presets 2 and 3 for about 6 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed. Write the numbers down.

3. Press the AM/FM button, and the second 3 digits of the scrambled code are displayed. Write these numbers down. If the numbers do not change when pressing the AM/FM buttons, then your second three numbers are the same as the first three.

4. Fax me (FAX 1-888-995-9496) your name, your 6 digit code and your naisso member number. I will also need your daytime phone number to call you back to confirm. I will call GM and retreive an unlocking code, which only takes a few minutes. The reason I limit this to members is that I know most of you by name and this will limit the chances of anyone with a stolen radio from contacting me.

Once you receive your four digit unlock code from me do the following:
    1. Ignition on, Radio OFF.

2. Press the HR button until the "LOC" disappears and "000" appears on the display.
    Note: if the display does not change from "LOC" to "000" the unit is probably in the "InOP" stage and must be left alone for one hour with ignition power applied. Every three unsuccessful entries will put the unit into "InOP".

3. Set the first two digits (01-19) of the code with the HR (hours) button. (you will not see the zero if the first digit is a zero as in "02" for example)

4. Set the next two digits (00-99) of the code with the MIN (minute) button.

5. Press the AM/FM button to enter the code. The radio will now be unlocked and the display will change to the clock. Continue with the following steps to deactivate the theft deterrent.

6. Press the HR button until the display changes to "000".
    7. Repeat steps 3-5 above to remove the previous code and deactivate the theft deterrent system. You may set a new personal security code as per your owners manual instructions.

~FordX
    Have a 1998 Chevy s-10 that I bought a month ago, one cold morning battery die and radio die with it. Now it reads LOC can you help me pls?
    Thanks

Junior Member Registered Member TBigLug's Avatar

Attn: 200 and up Cavalier Owners

For what it's worth, anyone with a 2000+ Cavalier the code thing will not work. The radio is powered by your BCM and needs to be corrected by the dealer (bummer I know, cost me $40).
    2004 Chevy Cavalier, 2.2L, 5 sp. (my DD
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    )
    1996 Chevy K1500, 5.7L, 5 sp. (her DD
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    )
    1986 Ford F-350, 6.9L, 4 sp. (horse hauler
    )
    1980's S-10, Blazer frame, small block V8, 44's (gone but not forgotten
    )

It is not the purpose in life to arrive in heaven, looking good and well. Tis better to come sliding in sideways, beer in one hand, smokes in the other, hair on fire, body beat down looking all sorts of used up screaming, "WHEW, WHAT A RIDE!!!"

got Saturn SC2. LOC on radio :(

hi
    i own 1996 Saturn SC2. After replacing battery the radio's locked.
    please could you help me to unlock it.

after pressing 2&3 i got 5413 code.

with warmest regards,
    mAx

unlock radio code for a gmc yukon 2003

hello im an owner of a yukon 2003 gmc, but you know, the stereo was stolen to the first owner, so i bougth it, a used one, but i dont have the code to turn it up, i need to know how to disable or how to get the code, because i cant aford 60 dlls with a dealer to unlock the stereo , i think is a rds radio, so please help me with this!!!!
    thanks!!!!
    jorge

need help

I have a 2004 chevrolet 3500 radio that i just switched out of the same year of vehicle now both radio's read locked. Can some one tell me what to do without having to go to G.M. without having to pay there fee to get these radio's playing

Smile Lock out code

Hello to everyone,and I am glad to be a member Forum,I have puchased a 2002 Impala,and it came with a standard factory radio/cassette player. I decided to buy a factory cd player for it,and installed it,they both look identical,but now the cd player says it's locked. I have read some of the questions on here,and I see that you have to get a 6 digit code from your radio,so here it goes,
    #1 How do I get this code,I have tried just about everything
    #2 is there a certain way you have to punch in the code,once you get it?
    Please help,

Salutations!

I can't say...enough....How much I appreciate your information You "rock"...no I mean "I rock"...literally! I have gone 11 months without my tunes. Stock or not...at least they still work...lol! It's also nice to know if I am on time or not. You are awesome!

no loc

Here is one for you all I bought my 16 year old daughter an 1996 olds achieva that is spotless well after a week the altinator went ban after I changed it the radio does not work no loc display, nothing I checked all fuses the thing worked before i ynhooked the battery. any help would be great

NEw type of Radio theft lock

have no idea whats going on but my blazers battery died last night and i charged the battery now my radio wont work.. the crazy thing is that its not the theftlock code type)) because its a RDS theftlock radio which im told is the type that runs off the vehicles vin number..... but this radio has been in my blazer forever and always worked.....this also means that there is no code to put in.... you cant hold 2 and 3 down or 1 and 4.... so how am i supposed to get it to work???

please email at halfnhalf54@aol.com

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kdunville
    Try this, it worked for my 1998 Sunfire and a 1975 Monte Carlo.
    Press & hold the 2 & 3 buttons @ the same time for about 10 seconds; a 2 or 3 digit code will appear, write this # down,press & hold the am/fm button for about 10 seconds: another code will appear, write this # down, then call 1-800-537-5140 and enter 202108 followed by the # key, then enter the #'s that you wrote down from your radio followed by the * key. The call will give you a 3 or 4 digit override code. Write this code # down so you have it if you ever need it again. Enter this # into your radio following the instructions in your owners manual. If you get an override code that starts with 0, you drop the 0 when entering the code into your radio.
    If you don't have an owners manual, try this, press & hold the hour button until the first 2 digits of your code come up, then press & hold the minute button until the last 2 digits show. Then press the am/fm button. This should reset your stereo. It did mine.
    Hope you find this helpful.
    KDUNVILLE....your info to get my radio unlocked on my 98 sunfire worked like a charm...even up here in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada....I called the 1 800 number and got my override code....entered the code into the radio and then waited a few seconds....the radio and cd player work now....yay...and thanks for your help

gmcstereo lock code

Hello, my name is Samira and I'm trying to find out how to unlock a stereo in my Gmc Sierra. Can someone help me please? Thanks

Radio Locked

I have a 2004 Chevy 2500 Hd and due to "mouse" problems the stock radio shorted out and I contacted a local dealer that quoted $700 for a replacement, I found my exact radio cd combo on ebay for $100 and when I plugged the new radio in it worked for about 5 seconds and all I have now is the display that reads the correct time and "LOKCED". From reading previous posts I have surmised that the radio is linked to the VIN number, does any one know how to unlock the radio without taking it to the dealer?
    Thanks in advance.

kchood@earthlink.net

NWF Owner/CEO Registered Member D-Will's Avatar

GM Delco Radio Error Message

Hi,

I have a 1993 Geo Tracker. When I got it from my brother, he did not have the owner's manual. The vehicle's been in the family for a few years, and at some point (prob. when he had it), the radio stopped working. It displays a "Err 9" message. I emailed Chevrolet, and they were no help. So, I thought I'd turn here after trying to look up the problem online and finding no solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The radio is an AM/FM cassette.

Angry 1996 grand am se radio lock out

i have a 96 grand am se with the delco loc 2 audio system. just bought the car. i put a new battery in it and started driving it, went to turn on the radio and it didnt turn on. can someone help me unlock the system. Thanks in advance.

Brad

Buick 2001 Radio Lockout

Got the radio unlocked with the help of this forum. Thanks to everyone that posted there suggestions. What a rotten deal to treat a loyal GM customer by lying to me by telling me they had to remove the radio and blah blah blah and to fork over $42.00. Nuts to them! At this point I will surely let the dealer know I'm totally dissatisfied.

Willie

NWF Owner/CEO Registered Member D-Will's Avatar
    guess I"m still out of luck...heh

help me 2

Hi everybody,i just bought a Delco Electronics CD radio CDR500(E) ,4 my car,but it's locked
    Can you please help me to unlocked it?!
    The serial number is: GM1500Y9357608

Please send it to my email olivia@hotmail.bg

Thx very much for your help

unlocked code

IŽam from Honduras C.A. Have a 97 GMC Jimmy I need a code to unlocked the radio. Dealer in Hond. is very expen..

Worked For Me

This worked like a charm on my wife's 2001 Chevrolet Suburban's radio.

Quote Originally Posted by kdunville
    Try this, it worked for my 1998 Sunfire and a 1975 Monte Carlo.
    Press & hold the 2 & 3 buttons @ the same time for about 10 seconds; a 2 or 3 digit code will appear, write this # down,press & hold the am/fm button for about 10 seconds: another code will appear, write this # down, then call 1-800-537-5140 and enter 202108 followed by the # key, then enter the #'s that you wrote down from your radio followed by the * key. The call will give you a 3 or 4 digit override code. Write this code # down so you have it if you ever need it again. Enter this # into your radio following the instructions in your owners manual. If you get an override code that starts with 0, you drop the 0 when entering the code into your radio.
    If you don't have an owners manual, try this, press & hold the hour button until the first 2 digits of your code come up, then press & hold the minute button until the last 2 digits show. Then press the am/fm button. This should reset your stereo. It did mine.
    Hope you find this helpful.

Thread Information