Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Junior Member Registered Member

2006 delco

hello, i own a 2006 gmc sierra duramax diesel. i recently replaced my stock am/fm delco radio with another delco radio but with cd player and am/fm. but once i installed it my display read LOCKED. i read through the posts but can not come across a procedure for my radio. here is a picture of it. please help me out. i need a radio!!!

Question Hey Guys I have a radio problem for a 2004 aveo

Hey Guys Im new to this Site. I own a 2004 Chevy Aveo. I recently changed my battery. After changing my battery I got in the car and turned my radio like many of you you guys saw the word "LOC" not w/ my car it displays Code w/ four what looks like slots to enter numbers in as your code. CAN ANYONE HELP ME. I called my local dealership and a couple others and they want to charge me anywhere from 40 to 80 dollars for them to retrieve my code.

Hope you can help me.
    Last edited by xolilveraxo; 02-08-2007 at 19:15. Reason: changed somethin

another gm radio locked problem

i bought a radio off ebay for a 2006 chevy silvarado, of course the radio is locked, it is spelled out l o c k e d.....i read many of the posts, tried holding 2 and 3 ect, nothing, apparently the radio's are different from 2003 - 2006.....i cant get the radio to do anything im stumped...any help would be greatly appreciated....

I don't know what your radio looks like, but the way it worked for me. Once I got the 4-digit code like you did, I presed the HR button, as if you were changing the time, and the LOC changed to OOO then you keep pressing the HR button until you reach the first 2-digits, then press the MIN button until you reach the last 2-digits of your code. Once you have the 4-digits on there, press the FM/AM button and radio should begin working. Hope this helps you!

Red face It worked.. Thank you!!

I have a 2001 Pontiac and after replacing the dead battery, my radio was reading LOC. We had contacted the dealer and they told us it would cost $50 to get it working again. Being that we couldn't afford it right now, I began thinking that I would search online, since I'm sure that I wasn't the only one with this problem. Well I was so happy to find that I was right, there was other people and a way to find the code to unlock the radio. I followed the instructions below, and at first nothing happened.. no codes. After reading all the posts on this subject, I also came across one that said, if nothing happens you should leave your car running for 1 hour. Well that's exactly what I did, and it worked. My radio is now working great! Thank you so much... I love you guys for sharing this info on the net. I can't believe dealerships want to rip people off like that, when they could give you these simple instructions. Thanks again... I'm so happy to have my radio working

Quote Originally Posted by kdunville
    Try this, it worked for my 1998 Sunfire and a 1975 Monte Carlo.
    Press & hold the 2 & 3 buttons @ the same time for about 10 seconds; a 2 or 3 digit code will appear, write this # down,press & hold the am/fm button for about 10 seconds: another code will appear, write this # down, then call 1-800-537-5140 and enter 202108 followed by the # key, then enter the #'s that you wrote down from your radio followed by the * key. The call will give you a 3 or 4 digit override code. Write this code # down so you have it if you ever need it again. Enter this # into your radio following the instructions in your owners manual. If you get an override code that starts with 0, you drop the 0 when entering the code into your radio.
    If you don't have an owners manual, try this, press & hold the hour button until the first 2 digits of your code come up, then press & hold the minute button until the last 2 digits show. Then press the am/fm button. This should reset your stereo. It did mine.
    Hope you find this helpful.

98 Malibu Stereo lock

Hello all,

Glad to be part of your forum...My daughter buoght a 98 Malibu that needed some work done and when they disconnected and reconnected the battery the battery went into loc and the gas gauge went all the way around to the pin limiter...anyone have experience getting the code for the loc and what I am supposed to due about the gas gauge? Any help is greatly appreciated!

J

it worked! thank you kdunville!

...and all who replied and added to the solution,etc.. I followed your post and restore my radio to it's former glory and now it belts out classic rock and folk songs again (hey, i'm old)...thank you!

I'm New and I need help

My cd player in my 2003 Grand Am, I went to a salvage yard, and they gave me a radio that looked exactly like mine, and said it came out of a 2004 sunfire, that the coputer said they were the same. When I put it in, it worked for a few minutes, and then locked. Now I have tried pushing the 2 and 3 and all the ones on here, and nothing comes up at all.

Please Help me, How do I get a code from this so i can get it working????

Press & hold the 2 & 3 buttons @ the same time for about 10 seconds; a 2 or 3 digit code will appear, write this # down,press & hold the am/fm button for about 10 seconds: another code will appear, write this # down, then call 1-800-537-5140 and enter 202108 followed by the # key, then enter the #'s that you wrote down from your radio followed by the * key. The call will give you a 3 or 4 digit override code. Write this code # down so you have it if you ever need it again. Enter this # into your radio following the instructions in your owners manual. If you get an override code that starts with 0, you drop the 0 when entering the code into your radio.
    If you don't have an owners manual, try this, press & hold the hour button until the first 2 digits of your code come up, then press & hold the minute button until the last 2 digits show. Then press the am/fm button. This should reset your stereo. It did mine.

Thanks, this worked great on my 2001 Siverado, the only difference was the robot asked for an * instead of a #, after that it spit out the code and it worked fine, thanks again

cdr500 vauxhall

hello
    can anyone please help i have cdr500 gm050021650161 24 469 302 i have a radio code 5715 but it dont work people keep telling me dumps and eeproms,i have been given 330886636 VDO P83CE560EFB055 or EFB069 24C16 EEPROM TDA7375 but i do not have a clue wot they are please can anyone work out the code for me.
    loads of hugs
    sarah xx

cdr500 pretty please

hello
    can anyone please help i have cdr500 gm050021650161 24 469 302 i have a radio code 5715 but it dont work people keep telling me dumps and eeproms,i have been given 330886636 VDO P83CE560EFB055 or EFB069 24C16 EEPROM TDA7375 but i do not have a clue wot they are please can anyone work out the code for me.
    loads of hugs
    sarah xx

inop radio/2001 grand prix

hi everyone...first time post and i need your help!!!!! my radio reads INOP because ive tried to put what i thought were the unlock codes over ten times!!!!! anybody else got in this mess

GM Unlock sequence?

Hello, I recently purchased a stock replacment for my car (2004 Grand Prix GT). It came "locked". I tried to go through the unlock sequnce posted by knudville but nothing happens when I hold down presets 2&3, nor when I hold down 1&4. The display just reads "Locked". Does anyone know how to unlock this radio? I read somewhere that I need to run the car for 90 minutes but that seems unreasonable? Please help, I'm going on 5 months with no radio, thanks,

Rick:

Thumbs up kdunville - Thank you for help unlocking my radio.

I followed kdunville instructions for unlocking radios. It worked great on my 1999 Grand Prix even without an owners manual.

Smile A big THANK YOU

The information is still valid. My daughter's 1998 Lumina got a new battery along with a locked radio yesterday. We followed the instructions and retrieved the 6 digit number, then called the number that was posted and got a 4 digit number (1059) which worked immediately and she has her radio again.

Thank you very much. I joined the forum just to thank the generous people here who share information.

unlock codes

I have a 2000 Pontiac Montana i was wondering if anyone can help me with unlocking stock CD /cassette radio.Tried holding buttons down but did nothing.Can someone help.

Thanks

99 Alero LOCKED OUT

Hope some body can help me here. Have a 99 Alero....Auto Zone put in new battery. Now radio says locked. Anti thieft control for which I never put a code in to start. Why would I. Not many people stealing STOCK radios. Mine is same as picture#8...with cd and cassette player. Manuel says to push 1 and 4 buttons and either SEC or ----- will appear. Neither appear. Need over ride code I HOPE, in order to unlock my MUCH NEEDED radio. Please HELP. Thanks. Also....says to turn radio OFF...don't HAVE a radio to turn on or off.....just shows LOCKED.
    Tried the 2&3 thing...got code 582...then with FM for 10 sec.....only took second and got 586. called number...but they ask for a FOUR DIGET NUMBER. All I get is THREE digets. NOW WHAT DO I DO....anybody got an idea. Please help.
    Last edited by podamerican; 03-22-2007 at 15:34.

works great. THANKS!!!

Works great \.. THANKS!!!

I'm looking for un loc code

I just got a 2000 Chevy Astro van. It's got a Delco Stereo that is locked. The scramble code is 532539 if somebody can help me with the code I would appreciate it.

Angry chevy impala radio locked

i have a chevy impala 2002 my radio is locked i went to the dealer they told me that they must charge me for an hour which is $160 can some one please help unlock this
    i don't know how to get any codes

gm radio locked

i just got a cd/mp3 radio from a 2005 cavalier and want to use it in my 2001 chevy express 3500 van. it fits and powers up but the screen says locked.
    i went to my gm dealer and they said they cannot unlock it and that it will not work cause the computer cannot see it right like it would in the car it was removed from.
    there was a paper supplied with the player that has the vin number of the car it was removed from and also a 4 digit number. it says ic # 1655
    is there a way to unlock it with that ic number so i can use it or will it not work at all no way no how?
    thanks for any input that will set me straight on this issue.
    joe

Kdunville is definitely the bomb!!

Quote Originally Posted by lups
    kdunville, you are the bomb! This worked perfectly. I just saved the dealer charge and the visit to the dealer to drop off my car and wait for the reset! Thanks!!

I have been without my radio for over a year now and kdunville's method worked perfectly. My dealer wanted $70.00 to unlock it and now I am good to go - at no charge at all. Thanks Kdunville!!

radio locked

does any one know how to unlock an chevy impala 2002 radio

Unhappy Loc Code on my 2004 Grand Am

I had the factory base model cd/radio in my car however the CD player did not work. I bought the exact same radio/model on ebay and installed it and now the radio says LOC. The dealer wants to charge 55.00 to get the code, any one no how to find this another way? I tried doing what was desciribed in other posts, holding the 2 & 3 buttons for 10 sec etc..... But this did not work. HELP Jlynn

2000 saturn Loc

I have a 2000 saturn which i bought used the battery went dead and now the radio just says locked i called saturn they are no help and i really dont want to pay the dealer 50 bucks. If anyone can help find a cheaper way i would appreciate it

Thread Information