Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Junior Member Registered Member

help

Hello,

I ahve a Delco CDR-500 with Serial No. GM 90493281. I had six attemps of the code given by the Manufacturer of the car but still of no avail. I will not go further any more, unless i get the right one. I really appreciate if you could help me.

Ser No GM 90 493 281

4 660 103

>PA6-GF15<

If anyone please help with the code for this radio it would be greatly appreciated. I am a mechanic and can answer general questions but it is only advice and the manufacturer should always be approached where necessary.

Thank you.

Zaldy
    Last edited by zaldy62ph; 04-21-2006 at 15:11.

Smile dealer wants $95 to put in codes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by L0g1cmaster
    Give me your 4 or 6 digit scrambled code and ill give you the corresponding 4 digit unlocl code...

I cant stand dealers asking 30$ for doing this....what a ripoff

I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me, my code the stereo gives me is 412-417,and dont you think its highway robbery to charge someone who legally owns the vehicle to fix something they rigged to break?

thank you very much.

kdunville's post

Did you call the phone number in kdunville's post? if you haven't then I recommend giving it a try, it worked for me. Also, you have to follow the instructions precisely or the radio won't unlock.

Smile Dreaded Rds Radio Locked

I Have A 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo Ss And My Original Radio Played Out. I Purchased One Off Ebay And When I Installed It The Display Read Locked. Model #15091316 Can Anyone Tell Me How To Unlock This? Thanks.
    Last edited by SUNSHINE; 05-13-2006 at 09:33.

No radio

I need the 4 or 6 digits scrambled code from the radio...by pushing the right combination of buttons you will be able to extract them, give it to me here, ill tell you your lock code...
    I bought a 1997 Suburban and the last owner had tried to install a CD player and threw the loc on. My code is 912 922, they left the CD player on the floor and ran it direct to power it and quit using the radio. I'd like to replace the CD player correctly and have the Radio work.

My radio display locked not loc. Which I found out were two differenct situations. What I ended up doing is the component in my old radio that didnt work(cd player) I opened both radios up and swapped cd players and faces. I put the new cd player and face on my original radio that came with the car since it was the one that was programmed to my vehicles VIN. It works like new and saved my $85 and only took me about 35 mins to disassemble and reassemble. Thanks

Ok, I have a 98 Pont. Grand Prix GTP. So far i have not been able to retrieve the second 3 numbers of the scrambler code. Holding the Am/Fm button yields nothing. Are there any other buttons to retrieve the second 3 numbers of the scrambled code. The dealer told me it would cost me 50$ to get it unlocked... Very price, and I would have to take 1/2 a day off of work to do so, so, this would cost me a ton. Any help would be great.

any luck????

i also have a 98 chevy malibu and i took out my battery and now my gas agge and radio dont work... any news on the codes?? dealer wants 50 dollars to get code.....[

problems with my stock deck lights

i just fixed the problem i had with the lights on my stereo not staying on, in my 1996 GMC serrria pickup. I cut the old pig tail off and put on a new (used) one. My lights work great but now i have no LOC symbol on the little screan. So i cant put in the code and un lock my deck. The rest of the deck lights up fine just no light on the message scean...?

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500

Kdunville - your instructions worked perfectly!! We contacted 2 dealerships to help us get the code and they said it would cost us $75!!!! What a rip off.. We bought the truck used and were never given the code. The battery died recently and after that we weren't able to use our radio. We even contacted GM and after being on the phone with them for over 30 minutes they still wouldn't help us.

THANK YOU SO MUCH kdunville for posting the instructions so we could do this on our own and save $75.

Question radio

I have been locked out of my car radio for 4 mths now it is a 1998 sunfire gt. cambridge

Unlocking Code for 98' Chevy Malibu GM Stereo

Does anyone have the unlocking code for a 98' Chevy Malibu? The dealership is trying to charge me $90!! My battery died on Thursday night and when I replaced the battery the radio locked up. I would really appreciate the help! Thanks in advance.

Try Another Dealer

Hey this happened to me today. My '97 Buick Century's battery fried and I replaced it, then learned about the lovely "LOC" code. The first dealer I called ( Everett Chevrolet, Everett, Washington) was going to charge me $42.50 plus tax to unlock the radio. I then called Revord Motors, also in Everett, Washington, and they did it for free in about three minutes. Guess where I'll go for service if I ever need it? Moral of the story: You better shop around.

help

i have a 1998 chevy s10 i have the 6 digit code ( 672 683 ) but need help finding out the 4 digit code cany anyone help?

1997 Grand Am INOP CODE PROBLEM

I have a grand am 1997 with a inop problem, can anyone help? I had some work done on my car and of course i was locked out of my stereo. Last time i just put in my code 1961 and it worked. This time i tried it and the screens seems to be bouncing around so i could not put in my code, then later i got the inop on my screen. Then i tried to leave the car on for an hour to unlock the code and i once again got inop code. Can anyone help me. Thanks a bunch Robert.

Unhappy

Give me your 4 or 6 digit scrambled code and ill give you the corresponding 4 digit unlocl code...

I cant stand dealers asking 30$ for doing this....what a ripoff
    I'm glad to be part of your site,but my problem is my radio locked out on dead battery, I have the 6 digit code, it is 642645. I sure hope you can help.

I just purchaced a radio off ebay and i need a code for it. It says LOCKED across the screen. I tryed holding the #s 2&3 at the same time and nothing came up. any help would be greatly appriciated. btw its a 2002 radio RDS one. thanks

Hello Everyone!

I just change my battery in a 1994 Pontiac grand prix and now my radio is lock. I have my six #(422,427) code ... Can any one help me to unlock it? It would make drive to work alot better! Thanks ! Chet9283

Great forum and terrific help!

I just changed out the battery in my 1995 Geo Metro and, just like everyone else here, got the "LOC" message on my Delco radio.

I read through the posts and followed the directions. I have a four digit code by pressing the 2 & 3 buttons together (1314) but those are the only numbers I get. When I press AM/FM, the system returns to the "loc" mode.

I read KDunville's post and followed the directions. I received an unlock code (6000), but my car is not recognizing it.

The four "0000" come up when I depress the MIN button then I have to press the SEEK down button for the first digit and up for the second. The HR & MIN buttons change the 3rd & 4th digits respectively. Each digit only cycles up to "9" and then comes round to "0" again.

I've tried the 6000 several times but still get the "ERR" message when I press AM/FM after entering it.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Elora

Hi - I'm brand new to this, but I have a radio from a 1998 Grand Am that I'm trying to sell, and someone's asking for the lockout code. I did some googling and found this place...how do I go about getting it (aside from bending over for the dealer).

Thanks in advance!
    Tom

Need Help With 04 Grand Am

I just bought a radio off ebay and i need a code for it. It says LOCKED across the screen. I tryed holding the numbers 2&3 and the 1&4 at the same time and none of that works.I tryed a few of the options people posted on here but nothing has worked, so please any help would be greatly appriciated. its a RDS Monsoon with the mp3 and all, If you have any ideas or know anything please reply back here or email me at purplestar1489@aol.com Thanks a Bunch!

1995 bonniville cd loc problems

can i get some help im going from a tape deck to a cd player i got from the junk yard and i put it in and it says loc i need a code or something can someone help me out email at bmxking721@yahoo.com

password for # doesn't work

I have tried KDunville's idea about contacting 1-800-537-5140 and then entering 202108#. It then tells me this is and invalid #. It also wants to know which division of GM the radio is from. I have no idea. Can anyone else help me with this. I have the 3-digit code which is 072. But I don't know what to do now w/o being able to access this number. Any help would be appreciated.

My car was sort of passed on to me after my sister left for college. Today I was cleaning it out (2002 Saturn L300) and I went to program a radio station in and accidentally held down 5 and 6. So it showed the 4 dashes and I looked in the manual to see what was going on. I thought she had set a code (stupid mistake). So I entered in the two obvious codes I could think of. Now I've got one life left. I'm probably going to end up taking it into my Saturn Dealer. But is there any way I can find out my code without completely locking the radio?

Code works.

The code 202108# works. When you call up and it asks you to put a digit down for brand, just put the code in. Pontiac is 2 so put 202108# in, not 2 202108#. Hope this helps.

Thread Information