Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Junior Member Registered Member

GM Delco Radio Lock Out

2000 Chevy S10 pickup, battery died, replaced, radio now locked out due to theft deterrent system. Dealer wants $30 to unlock it; probably a 5 minute job. Does one have self service cheaper options to get the code and instructions to unlock the radio?

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkje
    2000 Chevy S10 pickup, battery died, replaced, radio now locked out due to theft deterrent system. Dealer wants $30 to unlock it; probably a 5 minute job. Does one have self service cheaper options to get the code and instructions to unlock the radio?
    Probally the only thing you can do is take it to the dealer...
    Thats my 2 cents.

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    I fished around online for awhile and here's what I came up with. All of it is legit except for where you have to fax this guy your number. I would instead take that number to a Chevy dealer. Hope it helps.

In order to properly restore your radio to operation you must first obtain the scrambled back-up code from the radio.
    1. Turn ignition on and radio power on.

2. Press and hold presets 2 and 3 for about 6 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed. Write the numbers down.

3. Press the AM/FM button, and the second 3 digits of the scrambled code are displayed. Write these numbers down. If the numbers do not change when pressing the AM/FM buttons, then your second three numbers are the same as the first three.

4. Fax me (FAX 1-888-995-9496) your name, your 6 digit code and your naisso member number. I will also need your daytime phone number to call you back to confirm. I will call GM and retreive an unlocking code, which only takes a few minutes. The reason I limit this to members is that I know most of you by name and this will limit the chances of anyone with a stolen radio from contacting me.

Once you receive your four digit unlock code from me do the following:
    1. Ignition on, Radio OFF.

2. Press the HR button until the "LOC" disappears and "000" appears on the display.
    Note: if the display does not change from "LOC" to "000" the unit is probably in the "InOP" stage and must be left alone for one hour with ignition power applied. Every three unsuccessful entries will put the unit into "InOP".

3. Set the first two digits (01-19) of the code with the HR (hours) button. (you will not see the zero if the first digit is a zero as in "02" for example)

4. Set the next two digits (00-99) of the code with the MIN (minute) button.

5. Press the AM/FM button to enter the code. The radio will now be unlocked and the display will change to the clock. Continue with the following steps to deactivate the theft deterrent.

6. Press the HR button until the display changes to "000".
    7. Repeat steps 3-5 above to remove the previous code and deactivate the theft deterrent system. You may set a new personal security code as per your owners manual instructions.

~FordX
    Last edited by FordXplod93; 09-29-2005 at 20:19.
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Hmm interesting advice... I hope that helps.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Give me your 4 or 6 digit scrambled code and ill give you the corresponding 4 digit unlocl code...

I cant stand dealers asking 30$ for doing this....what a ripoff

Delco radio LED began flashing

From a '97 Pont. Grand Am...Recently I noticed that the led was flashing indicating that THEFT LOC was enabled.Problem is I never entered a code to set it. I recall playing the tape deck the day before and may have somehow unknowingly enabled the code.How can I remove the code so that THEFT LOC is not enabled?
    Part # 16213372
    Model: 2001
    Option Code: UP3

I need the 4 or 6 digits scrambled code from the radio...by pushing the right combination of buttons you will be able to extract them, give it to me here, ill tell you your lock code...

Quote Originally Posted by L0g1cmaster
    I need the 4 or 6 digits scrambled code from the radio...by pushing the right combination of buttons you will be able to extract them, give it to me here, ill tell you your lock code...
    I tried holding down 2 and 3 and also tried 1 and 4 for ten seconds both with the radio off and on. No numbers came up.As I said earlier the radio is NOT LOCKED.The flashing LED is indicating that TheftLoc is enabled and that the radio will not turn on IF the batt is disconnected. The question is how do I disable TheftLoc?
    Maybe there is a problem with the radio.....I never entered a code to enable TheftLoc, but upon entering my car one morning, found the TheftLoc LED flashing.
    Any suggestions?.

If you have a "RDS" type of radio, you're SOL, I cannot do anything with these...

Here's what a RDS type looks like:

Good luck

If you have a "RDS" type of radio, you're SOL, I cannot do anything with these...

Here's what a RDS type looks like:

Good luck
    No,it looks like # 3.

Lightbulb Try this

Quote Originally Posted by clarkje
    Try this, it worked for my 1998 Sunfire and a 1975 Monte Carlo.
    Press & hold the 2 & 3 buttons @ the same time for about 10 seconds; a 2 or 3 digit code will appear, write this # down,press & hold the am/fm button for about 10 seconds: another code will appear, write this # down, then call 1-800-537-5140 and enter 202108 followed by the # key, then enter the #'s that you wrote down from your radio followed by the * key. The call will give you a 3 or 4 digit override code. Write this code # down so you have it if you ever need it again. Enter this # into your radio following the instructions in your owners manual. If you get an override code that starts with 0, you drop the 0 when entering the code into your radio.
    If you don't have an owners manual, try this, press & hold the hour button until the first 2 digits of your code come up, then press & hold the minute button until the last 2 digits show. Then press the am/fm button. This should reset your stereo. It did mine.
    Hope you find this helpful.

lock codes

Quote Originally Posted by MotorcityRich
    No,it looks like # 3.

Thank you your are a life saver so my radio says InOp I have to leave the key on and the radio on before I can get the codes of of It?

Smile here is my six digit code

My six digit code is 831632 I really apprieciate your help

my code is 831632

Hope this helps

I just replaced the battery today in my 2000 honda accord. I had the same problem as you. Dealer said there is a small white tab in the glove compartment with the correct numbers, only you have to add the number 1 to the front of the number sequence. ( I think a 5 digit number). Dont know if GM does that or not. Hope it helps

Help....

My wife let the battery run down and the radio locked on us...I was able to follow the above directiosn and my code is

Can someone please get me the unlock code?

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Mike

Can anyone help. I just bought a 97 Monte Carlo yesterday with pictured radio #9. I did the preset2+3 and got the code of 012. Also when i press the AM/FM button nothing comes up. I assume the code is 012012. Can anyone help with the unlock code? I did receive a 4 digit code from the 1-800 # above (0137), but it didn't help. Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks in advance for any help!!

Perricone

Well 0137 didn't work. Is there possibly another set of buttons that need to be pushed? I'm about to get a new cd player....btw I have radio # 9. I would be happy to e-mail the cars title if needed to prove ownership. Thanks to whomever for any help you can lend. Thanks!

my codes are 452 457 please help

Ok got it!

Unhappy Same bad experience

I have a similar story.
    I bought a 1998 lumina two months ago and had the car battery changed last week. Then, the car radio became locked out.
    Following the procedure described above. I got the 6 digit code for my car radio: 942949.
    I really appreciate any help here. Otherwise, I will have to get a CD player since my dealer wants to charge me 50CAD for decoding. I'm in montreal. If you need my ownership proof, I can sent you the copy of car registration.
    Last edited by kevinJoe; 11-30-2005 at 16:28.

how to input 9845

I followed the above procedure and got a 4digit "9845". But I don't know how to input it. The HR key can only input 0-19.

Many thanks for any help

Talking I got it done!

It's good to have a community!

I have the same issue as Perricone...

I purchased a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix from a used car dealership and found out later that the CD player was non-functional.... I contacted the dealer and they allowed me to swap out the CD player with a new one.

Now the LOC appears on the display, and I have followed the above instructions.

Just as perricone stated, when I press the 2+3, the code 052 pops up. Nothing pops up when I press any other combinations for a periods of time. I have called the above 800 number, and everything seemed to work out, it gave me the unlock code...1047. That code when entered to unlock the radio does not work. Anyone with any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, everyone!

GM Silverado SS400

Hello, I had problems with the battery sistem on my Silverado SS400 and the Radio Code Lock-up, Now the dealer is asking for 60 dollars to Unlock it. I buy a second hand truck, and the old owner never give me the Unlock pass code. So, if any can help me in this matter, i will be very glad. How i can unlock it ? What are the options ? Thanks in advance.

Thread Information