Senior Member Registered Member

Help Eclipse DA7232 Wont Work, sorry so long

hey everyone, hope y'alls weekend was as nice as mine. I recently picked up a eclipse DA7232 amp for my subs. i installed it yesterday, played it and it worked fine. after driving for about 20 mins i heard a very light thump and my subs, mids and highs stoped playing. i only have a factory deck, im still waiting for a new head, so im using a converter for rca's; i ran one set into the eclipse amp and ran another set out of the sub amp "preamp out" into my mid and high amp. i cheek all my grounds, powers, remotes, rca wires, all are good. i used a meter on both amps, both are reading about 13-14 votts on power and the remote. grounds are secured. last i took a discman, hooked up my mid and high amp to it and it works fine. pluged it into sub amp and it wont play. i also took a set of rca's ran them from the "preamp out" out of the sub amp to the mid/high amp and still wont play, mid/high amp wont play either. i am about 99% sure that the rca input conection on my sub amp is bad. Only thing is, it is a brand new amp, never hooked up or played and it only took about 20 mins for this to go bad? dose not make sense, should be a good amp, could i be missing something? maybe i need to change some settings on the amp? anyone know anything?

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Sounds like you probably blew something in the sub amp, I'm assuming the inputs like you guessed. Occasionally, bum parts get installed, and they don't last too long. You always get a defect every now and again. Just take it back to where you got it, they'll replace it for you, assuming the amp is still under warranty.

Thread Information