Hybrid View

Junior Member Registered Member

Good deal? Alternatives?

Two things - first, that Concept PT-12 sub I was talking about. Do you think it is a good deal or not for $165 shipped? I wish I knew more about it, I will hopefully have some t/s parameters for it soon. It is used, but only at IASCA 2003 finals. Here is the link to pictures and stuff again. If you don't think that would be a good deal, please suggest some alternatives for $150 ~ 175.

Second - Refurbished Tsunami GXA1000D. $140 shipped from eBay. Apparently, this amp uses the Lanzar Vibe 1200D board, so it should be good for about 1200w @ 1 Ohm. I would think this would be great for the PT-12 or other dual 2 Ohm sub. Good deal? If not, alternatives for ~$150?

Thanks
    Last edited by mud; 02-29-2004 at 13:21. Reason: Getting [URL] to work :)

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    That shold be your call, seeing as many of us have not heard of those subs, we know little/nothing about them. So if you think you're getting a good deal, then go for it.

As for the amp, 1200 watts for $140 is a good deal, but you gotta make sure you're getting 1200 watts. I really don't really have much experience with Tsunami or Lanzer, so I don't know the quality of either.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    That shold be your call, seeing as many of us have not heard of those subs, we know little/nothing about them. So if you think you're getting a good deal, then go for it.

As for the amp, 1200 watts for $140 is a good deal, but you gotta make sure you're getting 1200 watts. I really don't really have much experience with Tsunami or Lanzer, so I don't know the quality of either.
    That Tsunami amp will put out a good solid 1000 watts, Lanzar arent the best amplifiers overrated etc but oh well.

Thats my 2 cents.

Junior Member Registered Member
    I just ordered the Tsunami amp, and I think I'll go for the sub too, although I am going to see if I can get him to go down to $150 shipped. The few things I have been able to find on it have been good, so I figure what the hell, I can get one cheap (I think). I saw one sounddomain page where a guy had one hit 144db, is that good for 1 12? I won't have it in an spl box, but that sounded good anyway.

Here are the t/s parameters for 2002 Concept subs for anyone who cares:

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mud
    I just ordered the Tsunami amp, and I think I'll go for the sub too, although I am going to see if I can get him to go down to $150 shipped. The few things I have been able to find on it have been good, so I figure what the hell, I can get one cheap (I think). I saw one sounddomain page where a guy had one hit 144db, is that good for 1 12? I won't have it in an spl box, but that sounded good anyway.

Here are the t/s parameters for 2002 Concept subs for anyone who cares:
    Well tell you one thing those concepts arent even close to the RE HC. They have half the xmax the RE HC does. They have 10.5mm one way, which isnt a whole lot. The mids I am getting have 12mm of xmax to give you a perspective ;) So its still up to you if you want to go ahead and buy that sub. It has a high FS, so you wont be able to play suber low on that woofer either. This is just my oponions.
    Thats my 2 cents.

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Yeah, Easy is right, that thing is nothing like a HC, it's really closer to the Cerwin Vega Stroker.

The T/S specs for the Stroker (12" version) are:

Power continuous: 1000 watts (500/coil)
    Fs: 45
    Qts: .230
    Qms: 8.880
    Qes: .231
    Vas: .76 (ft/sq)
    Xmax: 11.5mm one way
    Re: 3.4
    Sd: 83.53 in/sq

Thread Information