Member Registered Member

Question Xtant 1001x capable of .5 ohms?

working on hooking up 4 single vc JBL power 10's. Each VC is 2ohms so I either have 2ohms at the mono block amp or .5 --- Preferably i'd like to run at .5 my question is whether my amp is capable of going that low. Spec wise Xtant claims 1000rms@1ohm but does not list any lower...wondering if anyone has had personal experience with this amp. Rather not buy a second amp as my charging system will be strained as it is, also would rather not switch to a different amp as I am very impressed with my 604x SQ wise.

Thanks in advance

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Capable of playing in .5 ohms: yes
    Stable in .5 ohms: no

Don't run that amp in .5 ohms. You'll cook it. Something like this WILL happen, no doubt, if you run that amp in .5 ohms

http://forums.carreview.com/showthread.php?t=164

Find something that does your power in 2 ohms instead.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    Capable of playing in .5 ohms: yes
    Stable in .5 ohms: no

Don't run that amp in .5 ohms. You'll cook it. Something like this WILL happen, no doubt, if you run that amp in .5 ohms

http://forums.carreview.com/showthread.php?t=164

Find something that does your power in 2 ohms instead.
    Agreed, by the way XTANT is part of Mitek Corporation, which is also MTX and a few other brands, you can always go with a 1000 watt MTX amp I cant remeber which model # it is but they put out full power at 2 ohms.
    Thats my 2 cents.

MTX doesn't have a 1000 watt amp, they have a 800 watt amp and a 1500 watt amp.

I'm thinking the 801D (800@2) would be enough, MTX has a rep for being under-rated, so you might be able to squeeze 900 out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    MTX doesn't have a 1000 watt amp, they have a 800 watt amp and a 1500 watt amp.

I'm thinking the 801D (800@2) would be enough, MTX has a rep for being under-rated, so you might be able to squeeze 900 out of it.
    Yeah I was close enough Oh well.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Member Registered Member
    Alright folks, thanks for the info. Its actually one of the versions before the mitek buyout, suposedliy a little more powerful then the newer ones. Instead of replacing the amp, i'm going to run it along with an older style 800a2 Rockford, at least until i pay a few more bills...2 ohms at each coil is min for each chan. Problem now is making sure my 2 farad cap does its job......

Any recommendations on which to replace first, batt or alt.........My logic is telling me alt. If i'm correct, does anyone know of a reputable Alt shop online? - a local shop quoted $300+ for a 175 amp, but seems very high ( only place i've looked )

I really appreciate the help...the forum seems to have improved greatly since i last posted under my other s/n 6 months ago or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Creedo
    Alright folks, thanks for the info. Its actually one of the versions before the mitek buyout, suposedliy a little more powerful then the newer ones. Instead of replacing the amp, i'm going to run it along with an older style 800a2 Rockford, at least until i pay a few more bills...2 ohms at each coil is min for each chan. Problem now is making sure my 2 farad cap does its job......

Any recommendations on which to replace first, batt or alt.........My logic is telling me alt. If i'm correct, does anyone know of a reputable Alt shop online? - a local shop quoted $300+ for a 175 amp, but seems very high ( only place i've looked )

I really appreciate the help...the forum seems to have improved greatly since i last posted under my other s/n 6 months ago or so.
    That older Rockford isnt as efficent as a class D amp. Those MTX amps I talked about were actually class d. If you want to save a strain on your electrical system go with a class D amp. Also caps dont do anything worthless. Upgrade the big three, wire from alt to battery, battery to ground, the last one is engine to ground I think cnat remeber my brain is fried right now. Then upgrade your alt. Battery is the last thing. About shops online umm cant remeber the name. GO to this website www.sounddomain.com/id/tempe
    He has links for that kind of stuff. Should be on page 5 or so.
    Thats my 2 cents.

For a good alt, hit up Dominick Iraggi, he quoted me $275 or so for a 200 amp alt with a 1 year warranty.

dominick@tds.net

I don't see how that RF amp will work any better, you'll either have 1 ohm or 4 ohms on each channel, you can't wire 2 subs to each channel and still get 2 ohms per channel. If you bridge, you'll have to run the subs in 8 ohms.

I recommend trying to pick up that MTX 801D or similar, MTX makes some of the best amps out there.

Member Registered Member
    Ok guys thanks a lot. I'll rewire the alt. engine and ground. I was refering to running 3 amps....the 2 xtants and the rockford...the rockford runs at 2ohm min at each VC and my JBL Power 10's are 2ohm at their coil...no prob there. The xtant will be running at 1 ohm as its a monoblock and i'll parallel the other 2 jbl's to make that...if i watch the gain controls hopefully electrical system should hold up :-). everyone pray for me though. For your help i'll post pictures as a reward, yippy right.

I've done the rewiring trick on an old buick i had before this car...works well just didnt think it'd be enough - every little bit will be a help

Man my brain is fried too now, better not think anymore about this for a couple days. Glad this isn't my first install...just my biggest so far

Everything on paper looks great and should pound when i want it to and give me goosebumps when i listen to live tracks....if curious its replacing my backseat and a little of the back part of the trunk no subs in truck as i tried everything to reduce rattle outside the car with no avail......( yeah sound inside is more important, but i like the whole package )

Hopefully wasnt too much of a pain, you guys are just more comforting to talk to then a sales rep...even though CV is really pushing MTX's line for them :-)

Glad we could help, or at least try. Hope this works out for ya.

How can I not push MTX? The company started in a small town (200 people?) 15 minutes away from my house, and two of their factories are within 30 minutes of my house. So everybody and their brother works for MTX/Mitek Corp. And anybody can get employee discount. I feel I'm obligated to push MTX, ya know, help the local economy

Thread Information