Thread: Pioneer

Member Registered Member

Pioneer

What have you guys heard about the Pioneer Premier TS-W2000SPL Sub . I heard it today in a friends car and it sounded great. It was a single 12 incher. It's 750rms watts and 2000 peak. The price is unreal. $100 on ebay. Is it too good to be true or is this really a good sub???

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    It's a good sub by the sound of it, nothing spectacular. I'm guessing it compares to the HX2 and similar subs, by no means a super-sub.

Member Registered Member
    Pretty good value for the money i guess, like was said, not exactly high end.......I'd suggest listening to some other subs at local shops before making a decision. By that i'm not saying they are bad, you heard the subs yourself. If you like the sound thats what matters- maybe check a few reviews too to make sure the sub doesnt have a rap of being easily blown/cheesy tinsil leads or whatever. Thats my personal next step to choosing one after hearing.

just the thoughts that came to mind. used to own cheaper pioneers when i was 14 and not as interested in audio, and....well they made sound, lol - interested in hearing the Premiers to see how things have changed in the lineup.

Member Registered Member
    Lol, after posting that last one i took a look at your other posts......i think i wasted some space there, thought you were looking for a first sub. I see now your just looking for some basic opinions on the model. Spec wise didnt impress me too much for my purposes

"Meanwhile back at the ranch..."

Senior Member Registered Member
    I would say buy it it's cheap and loud unless you want to dish out cash and buy an ultimate system then don't. It also depends on what car you have. if you have something liek me an explorer I would buy 2 and give each about 600 watts and they should be loud.
    However I have a Power HX2 which is different then what CVStroker is talking about I htink he is talking about the Punch which is 500 watt rms. Mine is 1000watt rms. The money you will spend on the extra 250w you need for rms or will want atleast will be about the same as a RF punch sub with a 500 watt amp. I would go with RF Punch HX2 its same price with amp and less strain on electrical system.

No, I was talking about the Power HX2. I would honestly take the Pioneer TS-W2000SPL over the RF Power HX2. That 250 watts more in rms power handling doesn't mean much. The difference between 750 watts and 1000 watts is about .9 of a dB. So the difference is basically inaudible. Now the difference between 750 watts and 500 watts is a little more pronounced, not sure how much the gain is, but it is more, and will probably be audible.

I bet my RF with a 1050 watts is louder and sounds alot better then the pioneer.

That is all entirely install dependant. I would be willing to take that bet. I could probably get a Pioneer TS-W2000SPL to play louder and cleaner. It's not so much the equipment as it is the install. You can use a MTX Thunder 6000 to beat a Kicker L5 if the install is good enough.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ijoey1017i
    I bet my RF with a 1050 watts is louder and sounds alot better then the pioneer.
    I can spend $500 MSRP and beat your RF woofer with SPL and SQ So dont be running around bragging. Now its possible to get that equipment for alot less
    Thats my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    That is all entirely install dependant. I would be willing to take that bet. I could probably get a Pioneer TS-W2000SPL to play louder and cleaner. It's not so much the equipment as it is the install. You can use a MTX Thunder 6000 to beat a Kicker L5 if the install is good enough.
    If they were both installed equally

Quote Originally Posted by Easy E
    I can spend $500 MSRP and beat your RF woofer with SPL and SQ So dont be running around bragging. Now its possible to get that equipment for alot less
    I wasn't bragging he was asking peoples advice in the first post and I was saying how I would rather get what I have. I got all my stuff 1 year ago and I paid 270 for sub and 499 for amp.

Thread Information