Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken
    "Speaking the truth, I like u already and I dont ever like noobs... lol"

Thats just because you have administrative control here (MY GOD I dont know HOW that happened) and simply pick on people you dont like. That was simple to analyze why you like this noob who's probably around 10 years old.
    I am just tired of repeating my self giving you advice and you not wanting to take any of it...
    Thats my 2 cents.

Senior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy E
    I am just tired of repeating my self giving you advice and you not wanting to take any of it...
    Thats NOT why you are doing this and you KNOW it.......

Quote Originally Posted by Calinada
    Isn't that the exact point of this thread??? That even you yourself do not think your bass is loud enough and you think people down the street should be hearing you? I don't think that's all that clever, just a simple statement of the obvious...
    Yeah, but you took my statement about what I was trying to get at with HIM out of context for your purposes here.....just forget it.

Thank you.

Thats NOT why you are doing this and you KNOW it.......
    I am not trying to piss you off. I am just getting a little annoyed and frustrated having me to repeat my self a bunch of times....
    Thats my 2 cents.

"I am not trying to piss you off."

Thats not so readily apparent.

"I am just getting a little annoyed and frustrated having me to repeat my self a bunch of times"

So then let someone else answer that may have a more "refined" or "refreshed" view on the problem, and just take a back seat on the issue for a little while if you feel that way.....

Member Registered Member 2nd Time Around's Avatar
    Everyone that has replied in this thread has given absolutely sound advice that you should take into consideration. Each one of them has more than ample experience with car audio and some have even more background in home audio, not that that directly applies here. They all know what they are talking about, period. Take about five minutes to go back and reread everything that has been put into this thread, aside from snide comments, and you'll see that they've all answered your question on many occasions. It is more than apparent that you have this preconceived notion that you, and only you, can solve this problem because you don't want to believe what anyone says here. I know you're going to reply to this and try to belittle me, but I don't care. You just need to take the chip off your shoulder and listen to what these people say. If you don't like the advice you're getting, know that there are more forums out there than this one.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd Time Around
    Everyone that has replied in this thread has given absolutely sound advice that you should take into consideration. Each one of them has more than ample experience with car audio and some have even more background in home audio, not that that directly applies here. They all know what they are talking about, period. Take about five minutes to go back and reread everything that has been put into this thread, aside from snide comments, and you'll see that they've all answered your question on many occasions. It is more than apparent that you have this preconceived notion that you, and only you, can solve this problem because you don't want to believe what anyone says here. I know you're going to reply to this and try to belittle me, but I don't care. You just need to take the chip off your shoulder and listen to what these people say. If you don't like the advice you're getting, know that there are more forums out there than this one.

Belittle you? LFMAO.....and WHO has a chip on WHO'S shoulder?

THATS funny......

cant we all just get along.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Member Registered Member
    What I did for the magazine had NOTHING to do with the issues I am discussing here on my system, so please do me a favor, learn how to write English sentences that make sense first and know what you're talking about before you come in here and bash someone --- you have NO idea what I did for the magazine and it had NOTHING to do with LEARNING anything regarding car audio --- I was a writer by trade and I was covering a DIFFERENT SECTION of the magazine for them. How do you know my car "aint that loud" as you so cleverly put it.....did you ever sit in it? Why is my stuff weak?

I get the feeling Im dealing with someone here who's much, much younger than me and simply inexperienced in the world.......

You brought up the fact that you worked at the magazine. You wanna know why your sounds are weak? Because you haven't listened to ne of the advice u been given on here.. and still nobody hears you outside of your car. This not a argument man, chill out..

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Alright guys chill. -DH- lay off. He's somewhat noobish, give him a break. I had to deal with plenty of questions from you, now it's your turn to show some patience. Smoov, I respectfully ask you to stop taunting him (that may not be your intention, but it appears that way). Snake, in all due respect, you're being a bit touchy. Easy is actually trying to help you, but his communication skills are nowhere near that of his audio skills.

So lets recap.

You have a pair of 15" RFs in a sealed box in your trunk. You've giving them 800 watts. Your goal is to have a bass heavy car that will be able to draw plenty of attention to itself whenever you want it to (which is cool, but if I hear of you doing that **** in a residential area, I will personally hunt you down and blow holes in your equipment with my 12 gauge ~end rant~).

Things going against you:
    trunk car
    sealed box
    low to moderate power (not exactly high SPL power)
    Possibly using the wrong type of music

Things going for you:
    15" subs (capable of decent SPL and low end extension)

Suggested items already:
    More power - sounds as if you would like to tweak as much SPL from the power you have as possible (which is fine)
    Port the subs - a must do, porting will allow you to hit lower and louder, you effectively double your radiating area with a ported enclosure
    Remove your rear speakers - I agree with this one as well, you're slowly killing them with the air pressure, and they block bass from getting into the cabin
    Play music with deeper bass - the stuff you're using may not be hitting low enough to carry and catch peoples attention.

My final suggestions:

You definatly need to get a ported enclosure, for SPL it's a must. Make it as big as you're willing to, and tune it in the mid to high 30s. Open your your car a little, get rid of the rear speakers, they're hurting you more than you think, and rolling the windows down will help bass escape a lot as well. Play music with a lot more deep deep tones, the longer the wavelength, the farther it will carry.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Resident Flamer Registered Member -dh-'s Avatar
    I am not trying to piss you off. I am just getting a little annoyed and frustrated having me to repeat my self a bunch of times....

can't blame ya.

http://forums.carreview.com/showthread.php?t=402

looks familiar, eh?
    Life's a heavy price to pay, but when you're dead, there's no complaining.

I agree wit CV.... Kind of hard for me to type and express my ideas when I have been drugged up cause of my back and its real late at night or osmething being half asleep lol.
    Thats my 2 cents.

"You brought up the fact that you worked at the magazine."

YES I DID.....and YOU asked me what I LEARNED there, beginning this flaming war.....and like I said, the editorial responsibilities I had there HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH being able to hear bass outside of a vehicle.....so what was your ridiculous question for?

"You wanna know why your sounds are weak? Because you haven't listened to ne of the advice u been given on here"

Really? How would you know? I sure have taken in suggestions regarding porting the box and such; all you are doing --- and YOU KNOW YOU'RE DOING THIS deep down inside you ---- is coming in here to reply and make statements like you make above just to keep the argument going; I am simply trying to figure out if its because its a sealed box Im running and if its because its in a closed trunk, or if its my power source.

"This not a argument man, chill out.."

YOU sure made it one when you asked the antagonizing question of what did I learn at the magazine.....look in the mirror there, pal.....

"Alright guys chill. -DH- lay off. He's somewhat noobish, give him a break."

Not really so, "per se", but okay.....thank you for trying to put a leash on this flame artist.....

"I had to deal with plenty of questions from you, now it's your turn to show some patience."

If his comment below is any indication of his willingness to bend to your request, you're in for a big surprise......

"Smoov, I respectfully ask you to stop taunting him (that may not be your intention, but it appears that way)."

Thats EXACTLY what he is doing.....I CANNOT BELIEVE someone ACTUALLY sees this.....

"Snake, in all due respect, you're being a bit touchy. Easy is actually trying to help you, but his communication skills are nowhere near that of his audio skills."

Well, that was apparent (regarding his communication skills) from the very first reply he sent to me.....and Im not being touchy, Im defending myself from what you even acknowledge is going ON in here.

"So lets recap.

You have a pair of 15" RFs in a sealed box in your trunk. You've giving them 800 watts. Your goal is to have a bass heavy car that will be able to draw plenty of attention to itself whenever you want it to (which is cool, but if I hear of you doing that **** in a residential area, I will personally hunt you down and blow holes in your equipment with my 12 gauge ~end rant~)."

Which you would have every right to do. LOL.

"Things going against you:
    trunk car
    sealed box
    low to moderate power (not exactly high SPL power)
    Possibly using the wrong type of music"

Okay. Accepted.

"Things going for you:
    15" subs (capable of decent SPL and low end extension)"

Which is WHY I purchased 15's in the first place......

"Suggested items already:
    More power - sounds as if you would like to tweak as much SPL from the power you have as possible (which is fine)
    Port the subs - a must do, porting will allow you to hit lower and louder, you effectively double your radiating area with a ported enclosure"

Okay.

"Play music with deeper bass - the stuff you're using may not be hitting low enough to carry and catch peoples attention."

Now this is an ESSENTIAL aspect to the problem and one we have discussed before and one I shall take into SERIOUS consideration as I think its at the very heart of the problem.......thank you.......

"My final suggestions:

You definatly need to get a ported enclosure, for SPL it's a must."

Okay. Shall be considered.

"rolling the windows down will help bass escape a lot as well"

I DO ALL THE TIME, as well as open the sunroof.........

"Play music with a lot more deep deep tones, the longer the wavelength, the farther it will carry."

I shall. Any suggestions offhand?

Quote Originally Posted by -dh-
    can't blame ya.

http://forums.carreview.com/showthread.php?t=402

looks familiar, eh?

SEE what I mean??

SEE what I mean??

Just ignore him, if you don't respond, he'll stop.

Suggestions for music to play:
    Anything with really deep tones, Three Six Mafia, most anything produced by Lil Jon (none of which is really my type of music, I'm more of a metal head), stuff like that.

"Just ignore him, if you don't respond, he'll stop."

THATS your advice as administration? What are we dealing with here? Cant you at least do something to curb his behavior instead of telling me to ignore him, which I will gladly do anyway?

"Suggestions for music to play:
    Anything with really deep tones, Three Six Mafia, most anything produced by Lil Jon (none of which is really my type of music, I'm more of a metal head), stuff like that."

Thank you very much.

Member Registered Member 2nd Time Around's Avatar
    It's kind of funny to see CV suggesting Lil John, seeing as I just read last year's thread on good bass music. Do you remember that massive headache CV? Ha Ha

"Just ignore him, if you don't respond, he'll stop."

THATS your advice as administration? What are we dealing with here? Cant you at least do something to curb his behavior instead of telling me to ignore him, which I will gladly do anyway?

"Suggestions for music to play:
    Anything with really deep tones, Three Six Mafia, most anything produced by Lil Jon (none of which is really my type of music, I'm more of a metal head), stuff like that."

Thank you very much.
    CV isnt a administrator so he has no real power. I was out of line earlier and I will talk with DH and Smoov
    Thats my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd Time Around
    It's kind of funny to see CV suggesting Lil John, seeing as I just read last year's thread on good bass music. Do you remember that massive headache CV? Ha Ha

Well, Lil Jon is little more well known than the stuff I know. I still don't like him, I'm still a metal-head at heart. The stuff I listen to has a lot more LOW stuff than you really know. Stuff that will shake your car to hell and bottom out even the longest of excursion subs.

CV isnt a administrator so he has no real power. I was out of line earlier and I will talk with DH and Smoov
    Thank you Easy; I mean, after all, this IS a public web board and if someone doesnt like what someone writes or simply "doesnt want to hear it anymore" well, let them not comment or read the thread then; as simple as that. I have people like CV helping anyway.

Member Registered Member

What did i do? I already apologized for the comment about the magazine. Y am i bein jumped on now? I thought this was a public forum and Snake even insulted the admin himself.. Im even apologizing again for my comment. not tryin to start trouble. sorry
    Last edited by smoov-429; 07-19-2005 at 11:37.

Quote Originally Posted by smoov-429
    What did i do? I already apologized for the comment about the magazine. Y am i bein jumped on now? I thought this was a public forum and Snake even insulted the admin himself.. Im even apologizing again for my comment. not tryin to start trouble. sorry
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???????? WHEN DID YOU EVER apologize for the magazine comment?????

And what the HELL are you talking about that I INSULTED the ADMIN HIMSELF???? BY WHAT, saying I didnt understand his communication skills? If that is insulting someone, you need some serious help man.......

Everyone just calm down chill its all good we dont need anymore flame wars.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Practical Audio Guru Site Moderator CT!!'s Avatar
    Everyone just calm down chill its all good we dont need anymore flame wars.

Indeed. The pissiness is getting a little silly. Now, we putting this back on track or we locking it down and going for a third thread?

Yeah...I made a funny. Hehe. But serious on the lock down. I don't want to babysit this "I can't boom my ****!! HEELP!" more then I need to. Crap...more funny. Ok, back to serious! CUT IT OUT!!!
    You are NOT your audio logo. It's a means to an end, people!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information