In the trunk of my 1999 Honda Accord EX V-6 Coupe resides a sealed box with two Rockford Punch XLC 15" subs; the subs are being powered by a Rockford Punch 800.2 amp running bridged to the subs, which have been wired in parallel for maximum gain from this amp.....the head unit is the stock Honda CD unit made by Alpine for Honda, and it sounds great in my opinion, so I never swapped it out for an aftermarket deck; an installer friend who put it all in for me has used an RCA converter at the amp, where he has tapped into my 16X9 rear deck speakers for signal, because we're using the factory head unit with no pre-outs.....

Dont get me wrong --- when I bring the volume up, and crank the stock head unit's bass knob up a bit, this system ROMPS.....the two 15's can make your entire body vibrate out of the car, even though they're in a sealed, not ported, box. But my question is, why, when I drive around with the windows cracked and sunroof open, and the bass blasting, do people not turn their heads until Im almost on top of them? Shouldnt this system --- which is "supposed" to be putting out nearly 800 watts when this amp is bridged --- be able to be heard from a farther distance than that to make people notice and hear the bass? Do any of you other bassheads experience this in your systems, where people wont turn and look on the street or in a parking lot or something until you're almost on top of them? SHOULDNT they hear my system coming from a distance at least when cranked?