I recently purchased a dodge with the 6 speaker infinity system. I am adding two subs from a previous instalation. Now this gives me a total of 8 speakers. On the previous instalation I had 6 speakers and three 2 channel amps so it worked out fine. I have a collection of kenwood and one alpine amp from systems in my other vehicls and want to avoid purchasing another crossover or amp. Without going into details, 3 of the amps are strong enough to push the subs, two amps are 2 channel and one is a 4 channel. The other two amps are 2 channel amps but too small for subs but work well for mids or highs.

Here is what i'm dealing with. Since I have a MTX RT-X02A crossover (only has three output channels) and 8 speakers how should I setup the wiring? Should I drop two speakers and setup one 2 channel amp for each pair of speakers (6 speakers total) or make use of the 2 mids in the corners behind the seats? If i do use the 8 speaker setup how do you recomend I manipulate the crossover to acomodate the extra 2 speakers? Should I use the 4 channel amp and seperate the mid signal from the crossover (The amp would run the door and corner speakers)? Also, is it possible that seperating the signal coming from the crossover will cause degradation? I hope this is enough info for some help, thanks.