Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Good SPL subs

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Art
    spl one halfi s the sub but you have to compare apples to apples i can take one 12 inch RF P3 and out do 2 12 inch P2s MTX is another good one pie has some to but the design of the box is the most important of all the wrong design you WILL h have poor results
    Well yes box design and installation takes into a huge account for SPL. But you still need a good woofer for that box install etc. BTW the P2 and P3 are decent subs definately not SPL subs though....
    Thats my 2 cents.

Junior Member Registered Member
    I apologize for bump the old topic, but I have some interesting observations that I would like to share, maybe this will help someone in the future because once I was on the lookout for useful advice.
    There's is no free ride or easy solution when it comes to SPL versus SQ. The excessive pursuit of one definitely means a compromise in the other. Period. This applies to both the sub driver and the sub enclosure. Physics dictate that you cannot have the best of both in a single speaker that also happens to work well in a modest size of enclosure.
    There is a lot of SPL garbage out their with bogus Thiele/Small specs giving it the appearance of also being an SQ driver. There is a lot of garbage out their where the 10, 12, 15 and 18" drivers of the same series use the same size voice coil, same size spider and same motor structure. That can't possibly represent SQ.
    There are tons of YouTube videos on SPL woofers https://atfulldrive.com/best-car-subwoofer that sound like a bass burp/fart. So pay attention to the SQ and the type of music people listen to. Many proponents of one brand or another have never heard bass SQ nor is it what they are really after....but for some reason cannot admit that it's not an SQ speaker.
    Pick one or the other but don't be a sheep and led to believe that one woofer excels at everything.

316 Auto Salon

Very interesting...

Here, the question is solely to the budget and requirements: of course, the active subwoofer is easier to connect and install, but the sound quality will most likely have to be sacrificed .

I heard that in Russia there are guys who make very good and high-quality subwoofers.

Thread Information