Hybrid View

Junior Member Registered Member

Question Which of these Ford will do...?

I'm really stuck by these car in my head, but which one still can't decide. What would you guys advice on buying the Ford Focus ST170 or the Focus RS. I can only buy one, hehe..., ...and ST170 are cheaper of course but RS has more power and much much cooler.... sigh...

Well

I dont know what to tell you man, I dont know my fords well. Now you asked me about Toyotas and Nissan cars I could help ya out better, or a nice BMW car. Well test drive them both and see if the extra cost of the more expsensive one is worth it. If not get the cheaper one.

Thats my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyese
    I dont know what to tell you man, I dont know my fords well. Now you asked me about Toyotas and Nissan cars I could help ya out better, or a nice BMW car. Well test drive them both and see if the extra cost of the more expsensive one is worth it. If not get the cheaper one.

Thats my 2 cents.
    Well first of all, it's a sure buy for a Focus. But which one, can't decide.
    RS has 210bhp and ST got 170bhp. I've rent a Focus Zetec 1.6 (that's because I couldn't get anyone renting the RS or ST) for a week and it's been a good week for me and hell for the engine, i returned it unscratched so they never know. The Focus have everything that I want in a car, the standard audio are mount on your knee level, it would make a great car to put a great speakers inside. (but the radio are 1.5 DIN only, I have plans for 2 ooh.. well). The performance? I couldn't get a motorway to speed it to the max, but I reaches 200kmh without putting my feet to the ground. Wow... now that's 1.6, 2.0? Can't imagine the pleasure of high speed with nice audio. haha... but still have to decide thou. All review on the car gets good side, I trust most of them.

Why would you buy a Ford in the first place?

They depreciate like crazy and fall apart around 100,000 miles. Why in the world would you put your money into that?

If I were you, I'd look into:

Acura RSX Type-S (least expensive, great performance)

Impreza WRX (Turbo power!)

BMW 330ci (most expensive, niceest ride)

Lexus IS300/330 (sweet car, test drove this one)

Spam Reaper Site Moderator Slanter's Avatar

I beg to differ...

As it so happens, I have one Ford in my carport right now with 206,000 miles on it, and other '80s Fords are still quite common in my neck of the woods. I don't know whether this is due the locals putting more effort into keeping them on the road or because of the way they're built, but it certainly is possible to keep Fords on the road a long time, at least in the States. Since the Focuses (Foci?) he is looking at are built in Europe, I'm not sure how their build quality compares to US-built models.

BTW, I'm not entirely sure what country you're from, other than that it doesn't seem to be the United States since neither of those versions of the Focus is available here. Since I don't keep up with non-US market cars very much, I don't have much of any recommendation myself as to which version of the Focus is a better choice or what alternate cars might be your best bets.

I'm here in California, been here for 10 years and learned alot about cars.

Lesson # 1: Don't buy a domestic.

Well i help out in an auto repair shop and we get Focus' in here all the time. The motors are great. Its everything else that is the problem. Just look up the recall list on them.

Quote Originally Posted by 01MalibuLS
    Well i help out in an auto repair shop and we get Focus' in here all the time. The motors are great. Its everything else that is the problem. Just look up the recall list on them.
    hmm.. this is very helpfull, it never cross my mind to seard for this. when i read them, it was major on 2001 and 2000 only. i search more. thanks.

They call me Kemo Registered Member rccars411's Avatar
    Screw ford and dodge... just wait until this fall for the new Chevy Cobalt. It comes with a 2.4, supercharged. It is sure to please you: http://www.chevrolet.com/cobalt/

Fords just fall apart after about 160 miles.... dodge's problem is that they still make vehicles lol.

Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rccars411
    Screw ford and dodge... just wait until this fall for the new Chevy Cobalt. It comes with a 2.4, supercharged. It is sure to please you: http://www.chevrolet.com/cobalt/

Fords just fall apart after about 160 miles.... dodge's problem is that they still make vehicles lol.

Is that a Cavalier replacement? Looks like it's basically the same car, but with more 'stuff' to please the tuner crowd.

Spam Reaper Site Moderator Slanter's Avatar
    If you'd been paying attention, rccars411, you might have noticed that Matchip isn't in the United States. And that GM doesn't sell Chevies where he lives.

get a dodge neon srt-4

They call me Kemo Registered Member rccars411's Avatar
    Just one question tho... why pick a car thats all show and absolutely NO GO?
    -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Site Administrator Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rccars411
    Just one question tho... why pick a car thats all show and absolutely NO GO?
    The European Focus RS is not the Focus you know of. It has some "go". It's a 210hp turbocharged Focus that uses some of the same design components as the WRC version you see in the rally races. Don't get it confused with what you see on the roads here in the US. This guy lives somewhere else and won't be buying a US-spec car. The same complaints don't necessarily hold true.

troubles with domestic CARS DON'T EVER PURCHASE ONE!

I must say that you really shouldn't be looking at any domestic cars as others have said, the carsmade here are often of bad workmanship and do not like to stannd the tests of time. Ther are few exceptions but I must say that the Focus is definttely not one of those exceptions. With the RS you may get some go yet it will break down alot before you would normally get rid of a car. (even for several years).
    Honestly if you arewanting to buy a car that will last you for a long time then you should go the way of toyota, honda or of course BMW because of the build quality or reliability of those afore-mentioned cars.

i know fords.

i personally own a ford escape 04' XLT, and i love it , its a smaller type of SUV. but my parents have owned for the past years all fords my family loves them , we have previously owned, at least 4 expeditions, i love them, which is a bigger SUV , and a hummer h2, boy is that amazing, i your looking for a truck i would say go for the explorer, unless you want a small SUV. the escape has plenty of room , the only complaint i have is the mats, they are a bit cheap , and the ride is a bit noisy. but besides that its great with space and on gas.

Thread Information