Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar

Cool Cool New Technology

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/19/te...ts/19howw.html

Any chance we'll see that technology in car audio?

~FordX
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

Practical Audio Guru Site Moderator CT!!'s Avatar
    We already do. My Pioneer 930 has a autocalibration feature where I plug in the microphone and it sets up.

Its the programming of said calibration that is probably inferior to a company like Bang & Olufsen. Put more R&D into it, I'm sure the 930 could calibrate a system as well as B/O. Of course, adding proper amplification, quality speakers, etc into the mix will obvisouly reap better results.

Or are you referencing the use of acoustic lens? If so, the cabin of a car would be a huge issue in creating something like this in a generic term. It would have to be built car specific. Like Bose systems.
    You are NOT your audio logo. It's a means to an end, people!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    I had no idea that some HUs already did that. That's what I was referring to. And you're right, the acoustic lens would have to be car specific. Does it make a big sound difference in your car?
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

Practical Audio Guru Site Moderator CT!!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FordXplod93
    I had no idea that some HUs already did that. That's what I was referring to. And you're right, the acoustic lens would have to be car specific. Does it make a big sound difference in your car?
    It depends. If you are not familiar with tweaking yourself a good output, it helps immensely. For those who are moderately inclined to tweaking, it gets them in a good spot to start with and go from there. For those with a pure ear, they wouldn't be using the feature and probably have a dual 30 band EQ at their disposal.
    You are NOT your audio logo. It's a means to an end, people!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information