Thread: dynamat

Member Registered Member

dynamat

anyone know an easy method to take dynamat off ?

Senior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riz
    anyone know an easy method to take dynamat off ?
    not to be hurtfull.. but the sarcasm is taing over on this one...

... there's an easy method?????

serisously.. i cant really think of an easy method.. my guess would be either heat gun.. which would make a big mess out of the glue or whatever makes it stick...

or maybe ice it... but that wouldnt be very practical...

3d option would be a little destructive of the paint on the surfaces its stuck to.. would be using a 'puty knife" like the little 3 or 4 inch wide ones for drywalling.. but liek i said..most likely youll end up scratching the paint in the doors and such

out of curiosity.. why do you need to remove it??
    As I lay the rubber to the street,
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My engine breaths charged air in deep,
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And if the boost to spike too steep,

I pray the Lord my seals will keep

Quote Originally Posted by Marty01
    out of curiosity.. why do you need to remove it??
    Exactly... It's gonna be a complete ***** to remove, and it won't hurt anything to leave it in there.

Member Registered Member
    cuz i wanna use the second skin liquid stuff instead so there will be no air pockets at all. the little dynamt i had i used in areas with many creases. i just want it to be perfect. i guess all just use the second skin liquid over it

cuz i wanna use the second skin liquid stuff instead so there will be no air pockets at all. the little dynamt i had i used in areas with many creases. i just want it to be perfect. i guess all just use the second skin liquid over it

id try the "putty knife" method as i really dont think the other 2 would actually work.. never having removed dynamat i was taking a wild guess to be honest..

it will take some work im sure and i wouldnt worry too much about paint since your going to spray something to cover it up and prevent rust that way

DO be sure to clean the surface VERY well... denatured alcohol should work very good without leaving residue or lots of warm water and elbow grease... in any case make absolutely sure you clean the surfaces properly
    As I lay the rubber to the street,

My engine breaths charged air in deep,

And if the boost to spike too steep,

I pray the Lord my seals will keep

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar

Don't worry about removing the dynamat. Just go right over it with the Spectrum. Just pay special attention to wherever you ahve the creases, and be sure to fill them with deadener. The spectrum wont have a problem sticking to the mat.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Thread Information