Junior Member Registered Member

I'm new here and I got a question

First of all, i'de like to say that i'm new here so Hi everyone.

Now, b4 i get into my question, i'll tell u what i've got to work with, now...

Car - 98 Buick Century white

head unit - Off the top of my head, i don't know its actual model #, but its last years model of the Alpine CDA-9820XM. The only difference though is the color of the unit, last years is black, this years is silver.

Interior Speakers - as of now, they're the factory ones, but in the summer, i'm gettin good ones.

Subs - 2 JL W3V2

Amp - bazooka ELA 500.1 Upgrading to the Alpine 500x1 Digital amp in the summer.

Anyways, my question is, i wanna get a bandpass box w/the plexiglass, but i was wonder if i could install the w3's inversely into the box? i think its called inversing them, well, its when u can see the back of the sub. I was wondering if its possible to even do w/out screwing up the W3's?

Practical Audio Guru Site Moderator CT!!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bucsfan4life
    First of all, i'de like to say that i'm new here so Hi everyone.

Now, b4 i get into my question, i'll tell u what i've got to work with, now...

Car - 98 Buick Century white

head unit - Off the top of my head, i don't know its actual model #, but its last years model of the Alpine CDA-9820XM. The only difference though is the color of the unit, last years is black, this years is silver.

Interior Speakers - as of now, they're the factory ones, but in the summer, i'm gettin good ones.

Subs - 2 JL W3V2

Amp - bazooka ELA 500.1 Upgrading to the Alpine 500x1 Digital amp in the summer.

Anyways, my question is, i wanna get a bandpass box w/the plexiglass, but i was wonder if i could install the w3's inversely into the box? i think its called inversing them, well, its when u can see the back of the sub. I was wondering if its possible to even do w/out screwing up the W3's?
    You can if they fit. However, you are going to be throwing off the design specs of the box unless you are designing one yourself. That main shared chamber will now be reduced because of the combined mass of the sub structure. Considering its a bandpass box to begin with (they have a limited frequency response...hence the term bandpass), you may or may not notice a difference in sound. But it is very reasonable that you may. So, if its something you want to do, I say give it a go. Never hurts experimenting a little.
    You are NOT your audio logo. It's a means to an end, people!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CT!!
    You can if they fit. However, you are going to be throwing off the design specs of the box unless you are designing one yourself. That main shared chamber will now be reduced because of the combined mass of the sub structure. Considering its a bandpass box to begin with (they have a limited frequency response...hence the term bandpass), you may or may not notice a difference in sound. But it is very reasonable that you may. So, if its something you want to do, I say give it a go. Never hurts experimenting a little.
    will it screw up the subs is what i'm really wondering about?

Practical Audio Guru Site Moderator CT!!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bucsfan4life
    will it screw up the subs is what i'm really wondering about?
    No more of a concern then your standard bandpass concerns. Have the subs right next to each other won't do anything to them.
    You are NOT your audio logo. It's a means to an end, people!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Nonconformist Registered Member KirK's Avatar
    Yeah dude those W3v2's will get ur car bumpin, those subs r hot. I own a Buick myself. You might wanna consider Dynamat or any other sound deadening material, especially for ur trunk. BTW my names Kris. L8er

Thread Information