Junior Member Registered Member

subwoofer rattles trunk

when i turn up my bass 1/4 way up. i hear rattle noise in the trunk where i put my subwoofer. it sounds like the metal is rattling again each other from the air pushed by the subwoofer.

is there anyway to minimize this rattling noise in the trunk. i have four door nissan sentra 2002 spec-v. rear seats can not be folded down on this model car. i am considering placing the subwoofer in the rear passenger seat.

thanks,

Senior Member Registered Member
    sounddeadening brotha and lots of it

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    Inteva is right. Get your hands on lots of sound deadening, either adhesive panels or spray-on. Some of the more popular brands include:

-Dynamat
    -Raamat
    -eDead
    -Parts Express also sells good panels at low prices. Check out www.partsexpress.com

~FordX
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Some of the best deadener I've seen (Never used it, but I will, I've only read reviews) is called Second Skin. One of the reps spends a lot of time over on CAF. Pretty cheap too.
    http://www.secondskinaudio.com

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    Some of the best deadener I've seen (Never used it, but I will, I've only read reviews) is called Second Skin. One of the reps spends a lot of time over on CAF. Pretty cheap too.
    http://www.secondskinaudio.com
    That stuff seems to work fine, if you are on a budget, go find some roofing stuff like Weatherguard from GAF, it can be found at homedepot for liike $60 for 200 square feet, its cheap!!!! Problem is it doesnt still well and smells for a small bit, but thats ok. Peel and Seel from Home Depot works also I know someone who used that, I believe it was Inteva here on the forums.

Thats my 2 cents.

Senior Member Registered Member
    ya i have 3 different sounddeadeners on my car lol. a little bit of dynamat on the roof that prolly was the easiest to apply and stuck the best but its crazy exspensive and i try to do everything on a budget. so i went out and got some peel n seel stuff stuck descent and deadens descent but the downfalls are it smells for a little while its also only in thin strips so it looks bad and is annoying to apply. it stuck pretty well ive had it on for a few months and its still sticking. it also isnt even close to as thick or as heavy as dynamat but it is like a 4th of the price the third kind was some free stuff i got i have no idea what it is its hard to apply but when you do it right it looks great sticks great and deadens even better unfortunately i have no idea who makes it this is what that third kind looks like http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...53_81_full.jpg

Thread Information