Junior Member Registered Member

Question Power Acoustik - What do you think?

Hey Guys!!!

Well I guess I'll find a lot of people with a lot of experience here, so I come for your advice.
    I'm going to buy a DVD System for my car, that is a Power Acoustik one. LCD is a POW PTID-7300 and player PADVD-740R. I would like to know what experience do you have with them, how good they are, what about POW Acoustik quality, and everything you know or may tell me, and if I am going to get a good product, I mean, good purchase.

Also, I would like to know what about Pow Ac and the other brands? as BOSS, Audiovox, etc. I mean POW AC vs Other brands, what is better?

Thanks for your help!!!

See ya!

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Netburn
    Hey Guys!!!

Well I guess I'll find a lot of people with a lot of experience here, so I come for your advice.
    I'm going to buy a DVD System for my car, that is a Power Acoustik one. LCD is a POW PTID-7300 and player PADVD-740R. I would like to know what experience do you have with them, how good they are, what about POW Acoustik quality, and everything you know or may tell me, and if I am going to get a good product, I mean, good purchase.

Also, I would like to know what about Pow Ac and the other brands? as BOSS, Audiovox, etc. I mean POW AC vs Other brands, what is better?

Thanks for your help!!!

See ya!
    Power Acoustik is crap so is Boss Pyle and Audiovox try to stay away from them.
    Thats my 2 cents.

So?

So, if it is crap, what would you recommend?

And well, talking about those ones, which one would be better among boss, audiovox, pyle, and pow ac, ?

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    So, if it is crap, what would you recommend?

And well, talking about those ones, which one would be better among boss, audiovox, pyle, and pow ac, ?

Clarion, Alpine, Eclipse, Pioneer, Panasonic. All of them have good stuff, far superior to Boss, PA, and Pyle.

Of those three, I wouldn't rate any higher than the others, they're all pretty equal in their crappyness.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Money is the problem

Sup guys, it's me again.

Well the little problem I have is I do not have all the money, I was expecting to spend about 600 dollars on this purchase, and most of the systems you mentioned cost over 700.
    I have another question and is. Are all those crappy systems (as you call them) going to last a good time, or what is the main problem with them, I mean what is the crappyness about? video quality, lasting, sound, etc?
    What would you recommend if i do not have the money to buy the good ones, should I invest 500 dollars on buying the PA and I will have a decent video system, or should I definetely not buy it! Please help me! I need to make my mind really quick.

Is that PA really that bad?

Sup guys, it's me again.

Well the little problem I have is I do not have all the money, I was expecting to spend about 600 dollars on this purchase, and most of the systems you mentioned cost over 700.
    I have another question and is. Are all those crappy systems (as you call them) going to last a good time, or what is the main problem with them, I mean what is the crappyness about? video quality, lasting, sound, etc?
    What would you recommend if i do not have the money to buy the good ones, should I invest 500 dollars on buying the PA and I will have a decent video system, or should I definetely not buy it! Please help me! I need to make my mind really quick.

Is that PA really that bad?

Poor sound a video quality, they don't last, and the warranty sucks. The low cost is about the only good thing about them.

My suggestion is to save up a bit more so you can afford one of the better ones.

But if you absolutely have to get one NOW, then go ahead and get the PA, it will do the job, although poorly, for a little while.

BoomBoomBoom Registered Member
    Easy Audio, I own a Power Acousik amp and its not crap at all... its actually pretty good sound.
    Hi

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastbox
    Easy Audio, I own a Power Acousik amp and its not crap at all... its actually pretty good sound.
    Power is power... all sounds the same, modern amps all ahve a relative low amount of distortion untill its reaches its max output. Problem with Power Acostik is its overrated power, and reliability etc... The crossover may suck on it etc, but from a SQ stand point it will sound ok...
    Thats my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy E
    Power is power... all sounds the same, modern amps all ahve a relative low amount of distortion untill its reaches its max output. Problem with Power Acostik is its overrated power, and reliability etc... The crossover may suck on it etc, but from a SQ stand point it will sound ok...

^^^^ What he said

Well...

Hey guys...

Well first of all thanks for your help!

I was looking at a Pioneer AVH P6600dvd, 810 dollars, that's the cheappest I found it online, but I don't know if I am going to be able to get it, probably not, right now I don't have the budget. Besides I have to purchase it right now, or I won't be able to get it later, and as I do not have the money for the pioneer yet, and I do not have more time, I guess I'll have to buy the PA, it may not be the best, but it's video! and it plays! so I think it will be enough.

Thanks for your help, and I appreciate more comments if you want. I'll tell ya when I get it, and how it works.

Bye!

Thread Information