Junior Member Registered Member

New four channel Amplifier help...

Currently I have kicker four inch front speakers and audiobahn rear 6x9's. The four inch speakers are brand new still in the box after having to go back down to the audio shop and get a new pair after blowing the first ones by running them off of the deck. The Audiobahns are also fairly new and im currently running those off of the deck, they are the Acx series and can handle 175 watts rms. the little kickers on the other hand can only handle 30 watts rms. Now to the point, im selling my truck(1992 toyota pickup extended cab) its in good condition and want to do some simple upgrades on the soundsystem to make it more ear catching to a buyer. I was looking on Ikesound.com after reading some threads raving about the jbl 1200 watte amp everyone loves and found some extremely affordable lanzar vibe amps that should do the job. All i need is something with a high pass cross over that I wont be blowing my speakers with but still give me clean highs on a cheap budget(im trying to put as little money as I can upgrading the system). I was looking at the lanzar vibe 218 which is 400 watts by 2 channel. If I simply wired two speakers to each channel would it put out enough power for some good sounding highs on both the 4 inch and the 6x9's or should I buy the lanzar vibe 418 which is 800 watts by four channel?
    Any comments would be awesome good or bad! thanks guys!
    QuikSpade3s

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    It is generally not recommended to wire 2 speakers to 1 channel of an amplifier; most of the time you won't get the resistive load correct. If you want to wire 4 speakers, get a 4-channel amp. MY recommendation is to scrap the 6x9s in the rear and use the 2-channel amplifier to power the fronts. Get a good, cheap 50x2 amp, or upgrade your front speakers and get a higher-powered amp. That 400x2 is obviously way too powerful for the fronts. But if you're really hot on those rear 6x9s, I'd get a good 100x4 amp and watch your front gain carefully.

~FordX
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

Junior Member Registered Member

how about this...

Also quite cheap on the same website is the audiobahn 50 watte x4 channel at four ohm amplifier. Audiobahn a4004t. would this do the trick? I kind of need the rear speakers because the in dash speakers basically point down to your feet. just running those does not sound very good at all because I lose alot of my highs. But this amplifier is also fairly cheap, and is a heck of a lot cheaper then if I bought it at my car audio shop. Would this do the trick?
    QuikSpade3s

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    Yep. That'll work just fine. ;)
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

Thread Information