GM Delco Radio Lock Out

Printable View

• 08-10-2008, 14:34
    85vmax
    didn't work
    2000 Chev Impala
    bought radio after stock one died........installed no problem
    now it says LOCKED

looked here and tried the holding presets 2&3 but nothing happens.
    Now What??
    Thanks!
  • 09-28-2008, 20:23
    cardv
    radio lock out
    thank's for tips
  • 10-26-2008, 19:07
    Blonde
    Hi
    I was wondering if you could help me tp unlock my car radio also
  • 10-27-2008, 03:29
    CVStroker
    The person who was able to get those numbers no longer participates here (at least as I've seen). I doubt you'll get much of a helpful answer.

On another note, this thread should probably have it's sticky removed.
  • 01-03-2009, 11:26
    POed
    Lock
    I have a 2001 Saturn Sc2. I have the four digit code for unlocking my radio. However, When I hold down the 5 and 6 buttons as per the manual, nothing happens. When I turn on the radio, it reads: LOCK. So I can't even enter my code. Any sugestions on how to enter my code, or am I screwed here? Thanks you. :mad2:
  • 07-17-2009, 12:50
    puzzledjoe
    need help with 2001 S10 locked out
    I have a 2001 S10 I recently had battery out and now stereo is locked and I cannot find a code or how to set the stereo could someone help me? It is #4 in the pictures you have shown on page 1. I am not paying GM dealer prices to get this unlocked if possible. Hopefully someone can give me an answer thanks.
  • 09-12-2009, 19:29
    sam.mathew99
    I will try this with mine too. I was also facing the same problem.:thumbsup:
  • 09-15-2009, 18:11
    crug75hid
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FordXplod93
    I fished around online for awhile and here's what I came up with. All of it is legit except for where you have to fax this guy your number. I would instead take that number to a Chevy dealer. Hope it helps.

In order to properly restore your radio to operation you must first obtain the scrambled back-up code from the radio.
    1. Turn ignition on and radio power on.

2. Press and hold presets 2 and 3 for about 6 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed. Write the numbers down.

3. Press the AM/FM button, and the second 3 digits of the scrambled code are displayed. Write these numbers down. If the numbers do not change when pressing the AM/FM buttons, then your second three numbers are the same as the first three.

4. Fax me (FAX 1-888-995-9496) your name, your 6 digit code and your naisso member number. I will also need your daytime phone number to call you back to confirm. I will call GM and retreive an unlocking code, which only takes a few minutes. The reason I limit this to members is that I know most of you by name and this will limit the chances of anyone with a stolen radio from contacting me.

Once you receive your four digit unlock code from me do the following:
    1. Ignition on, Radio OFF.

2. Press the HR button until the "LOC" disappears and "000" appears on the display.
    Note: if the display does not change from "LOC" to "000" the unit is probably in the "InOP" stage and must be left alone for one hour with ignition power applied. Every three unsuccessful entries will put the unit into "InOP".

3. Set the first two digits (01-19) of the code with the HR (hours) button. (you will not see the zero if the first digit is a zero as in "02" for example)

4. Set the next two digits (00-99) of the code with the MIN (minute) button.

5. Press the AM/FM button to enter the code. The radio will now be unlocked and the display will change to the clock. Continue with the following steps to deactivate the theft deterrent.

6. Press the HR button until the display changes to "000".
    7. Repeat steps 3-5 above to remove the previous code and deactivate the theft deterrent system. You may set a new personal security code as per your owners manual instructions.

~FordX

Thanks for the step by step guidance. :thumbsup:
  • 09-21-2009, 00:55
    mitch154
    I need the 4 or 6 digits scrambled code from the radio...by pushing the right combination of buttons you will be able to extract them, give it to me here, ill tell you your lock code...
  • 10-05-2009, 14:32
    shepdogg78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by L0g1cmaster
    Give me your 4 or 6 digit scrambled code and ill give you the corresponding 4 digit unlocl code...

I cant stand dealers asking 30$ for doing this....what a ripoff

hey how are ya i could really use some help,my scrambled code is 412423,any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated,im sick of getting ripped off from corparations like GM
  • 10-05-2009, 14:46
    shepdogg78
    hi,ive been trying to use the info provided,but i have a 1999 chev s10 so the 202 # isnt workin any help from u good people out there? my # is 412 423 any help would be great
  • 11-18-2009, 04:48
    mickeyc
    mickeyc
    I own a 2000 Grand Am GT. My battery died and I replaced it. The radio now says LOC. I retrieved the 6 digit code (692 703) from following the instructions from previous posts. I tried calling the posted GM number 1-800-537-5140 then entered 202108#. The response I get says that is invalid. Can any one help me to unlock my radio. No tunes when driving is driving me crazy.

Thanks very much
  • 12-08-2009, 10:19
    sebreece
    same as you all
    I have a 97 olds with the code 182185, I tried the 1-800 number without sucess, can anyone help?
  • 12-21-2009, 10:44
    Simply_Me
    How to Unlock your car radio
    Hi All,

Below is information I have copied from another site with the link to it below.

http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic181594.htm

The info to unlock your radio is from a post by pitbull2827 in the above link. Hopefully the info posted below is of some help.

This is the process for the CD deck. I assume it's the same for any 88-90 deck with the DelcoLok system. It may also work with 90+ DelcoLok I units.

1. Press and hold presets 2 and 3 for about 5 to 10 seconds until you
    get 3 digits on your display. This is the first 3 of 6 digits you will
    need, so write 'em down. (mine were 881)

2. After doing step one and writing down the code, immediately press the
    AM/FM button to get the last 3 of the 6 numbers you'll need, and write
    'em down. (if you wait too long between steps 1 and 2 and the LOC code
    displays again, just start over). (mine were 322)

3. Call this number, it's a prerecorded message, so don't worry about
    having to talk to anyone...1-800-537-5140. The voice will ask if you're
    calling for Chevy, Pontiac, Cadillac, etc... When you hear this,
    press 1 for chevy, followed by 02107and hit the * key. (i.e. 102107*) He'll ask you for the 6 digit code that you've written down.(mine was 881 322) Enter that and press the * key. He will then give you a code,(mine was 810 891)

4. To unlock the radio:

A. Turn the ignition on.
    B. Press “SET” (000 appears on display).
    C. Press “SEEK until the first digit of the code appears.

D. Press “TUNE" until the second and third digits
    E. Press "AM-FM" (000 appears on display).
    F. Press “SEEK” until the fourth digit of the code appears.
    G. Press “TUNE” until the fifth and sixth digits of the code appear.
    H. Press "AM-FM". Now the radio can be turned on.

see that help you good luck!!!!

Hope this is of some help to those who may need it!

Good Luck!
  • 12-24-2009, 00:03
    montyhar2
    Hi,
    I have a question if anybody knows.Are the RE Audio subs still considered top tier or is there anything significantly better now?I have a 5 or 6 year old re 12" xxx sitting in the garage in an enclosure and was thinking about either installing it again or liquidating it.Any suggestion are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
  • 12-27-2009, 15:01
    J.TURNER
    Lock Out Codes
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FordXplod93
    I fished around online for awhile and here's what I came up with. All of it is legit except for where you have to fax this guy your number. I would instead take that number to a Chevy dealer. Hope it helps.

In order to properly restore your radio to operation you must first obtain the scrambled back-up code from the radio.
    1. Turn ignition on and radio power on.

2. Press and hold presets 2 and 3 for about 6 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed. Write the numbers down.

3. Press the AM/FM button, and the second 3 digits of the scrambled code are displayed. Write these numbers down. If the numbers do not change when pressing the AM/FM buttons, then your second three numbers are the same as the first three.

4. Fax me (FAX 1-888-995-9496) your name, your 6 digit code and your naisso member number. I will also need your daytime phone number to call you back to confirm. I will call GM and retreive an unlocking code, which only takes a few minutes. The reason I limit this to members is that I know most of you by name and this will limit the chances of anyone with a stolen radio from contacting me.

Once you receive your four digit unlock code from me do the following:
    1. Ignition on, Radio OFF.

2. Press the HR button until the "LOC" disappears and "000" appears on the display.
    Note: if the display does not change from "LOC" to "000" the unit is probably in the "InOP" stage and must be left alone for one hour with ignition power applied. Every three unsuccessful entries will put the unit into "InOP".

3. Set the first two digits (01-19) of the code with the HR (hours) button. (you will not see the zero if the first digit is a zero as in "02" for example)

4. Set the next two digits (00-99) of the code with the MIN (minute) button.

5. Press the AM/FM button to enter the code. The radio will now be unlocked and the display will change to the clock. Continue with the following steps to deactivate the theft deterrent.

6. Press the HR button until the display changes to "000".
    7. Repeat steps 3-5 above to remove the previous code and deactivate the theft deterrent system. You may set a new personal security code as per your owners manual instructions.

~FordX

PERFECT JOB .I WORK FOR GM,THIS IS CORRECT
  • 01-03-2010, 20:30
    carnut1420
    duponregistry
    Its really nice post....
    I was searching this kind of posting .....
    I just liked it....
    Thanks....

dupon registry

:) :D :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
  • 01-12-2010, 14:37
    Trailblazer06
    Posted way not working
    I have a 2002 Trailblazer with a radio that was mfg in 2001. The screen says "LOCKED" and it will not respond to the procedures in the previous posts...PPPPLLLEEAASE HELP!!!
  • 02-12-2010, 12:44
    JustinIppert1
    Thankful!
    Hey "Simply_Me" Thank you so much! It worked perfect!
  • 02-23-2010, 18:46
    clacal
    98 chevy lumina
    thank you, this worked excellent. My c/d player is fixed for free. the only difference was the way i entered in my code from the phone number. I use the hr and min buttons, then am/fm.:)
  • 04-11-2010, 05:01
    whitehorse
    1998 Pontiac Radio Unlock Code
    I need unlock code please the six digit code is 132138.Get invalid code @ the 1-800 number.
    Thanks in Advance
    :D
  • 04-11-2010, 12:34
    pauly b
    Quote:

Originally Posted by littlebeardanny
    i just got a new sliverado truck 2005 standard i got a CD AND RADIO WITH CASSETT PLAYERS from another vechicle that was wreck and the lock code came on after about 3minutes of playing the cassett i need to be able to unlock it if any body out there can help me let me know also the theft light blinking when the ignition is off, also it stay on when the ignition is on.

littlebeardanny need help

i have the same problem.Ichanged my radio in my 2004 chev truck and now its locked.what did u do?
  • 04-13-2010, 15:35
    papher51
    no am - fm button
    [QUOTE=L0g1cmaster]Give me your 4 or 6 digit scrambled code and ill give you the corresponding 4 digit unlocl code...

I cant stand dealers asking 30$ for doing this....what a ripoff[/QUOTE There is no am-fm button on my delco am-fm cd radio. there is a band buttom that switchs from am to fm1 to fm2
  • 04-15-2010, 13:46
    L0g1cmaster
    Forgot about the site...
    Hi!

I'm back, I completly forgot about the site here...

Please give the 4 ou 6 digits code as per the instructions givent in the thread and I will give you the unlock code...

Sorry for this.

L0g1cmaster.
  • 04-16-2010, 22:12
    biggerk
    Saturn VUE 2002, Radio Codes
    Saturn VUE 2002, V6

I have a locked radio after a car repair.

I used the press #1 & #2 to get the scrambled code, then called the 1-800-537-5140 (206053) to get the code, but it didn't work.

After some further investigation, someone said that the radio's in 2000+ model years may not be AC Delco/Delphi radios, but Panasonic. (so the GM radio codes may not work.)

My scrambled code is 0766 and the code from the 1-800 number is 7793, that did not work.

Any help appreciated.

Respectfully,
    Kirk
    :mad2:
  • 04-16-2010, 22:14
    biggerk
    Quote:

Hi!

I'm back, I completly forgot about the site here...

Please give the 4 ou 6 digits code as per the instructions givent in the thread and I will give you the unlock code...

Sorry for this.

L0g1cmaster.

Anyhelp with Saturn VUE 2002, code: 0766 (I got 7793 from the 1-800 phone number and it didn;t work...)
  • 04-17-2010, 13:06
    biggerk
    Follow up on Saturn VUE radio code
    Quote:

Originally Posted by biggerk
    Saturn VUE 2002, V6

I have a locked radio after a car repair.

I used the press #1 & #2 to get the scrambled code, then called the 1-800-537-5140 (206053) to get the code, but it didn't work.

After some further investigation, someone said that the radio's in 2000+ model years may not be AC Delco/Delphi radios, but Panasonic. (so the GM radio codes may not work.)

My scrambled code is 0766 and the code from the 1-800 number is 7793, that did not work.

Any help appreciated.

Respectfully,
    Kirk
    :mad2:

OK, Since the radio lockedup when it was at Pep Boys for repair, I took it back there to help me get it unlocked. They called a Saturn and Chevy deal and did the same thing I did above. (Even got the same code.) The GM/Chevy dealer said bring it to them. We did and they did the same thing again (same codes and all). They now said they'll need to take the radio out to get to the serial number and call/fax info in...

Rediculous, now I know why GM is a bankrupted company owned by the government.....:mad:
  • 04-26-2010, 12:18
    Bob McCoy
    Honda Civic 2005 Unlock Radio Code
    Can anyone please help me with getting the unlock code for a 2005 Honda Civic. My serial number is 27334710. Thanking you in advance for your help.
  • 07-04-2010, 16:05
    Sy's
    97 Saturn SL
    Quote:

Give me your 4 or 6 digit scrambled code and ill give you the corresponding 4 digit unlocl code...

I cant stand dealers asking 30$ for doing this....what a ripoff

We keeping calling that number provided, but the 8202108# comes back stating invalid code. Our code on the radio is: 3265. Can you help?:mad2:
  • 07-23-2010, 19:20
    jenny.smith
    The PIN code that was given to me, is not accepted, maybe there is another way to find the right one? I will not try anything unless you know the correct code, it can hang forever, I can not use it more.
  • 01-10-2013, 03:11
    jackmelan
    Very nice post!!!