• 11-23-2004, 21:29
    Blastbox
    1 Attachment(s)
    How can I install a good System on a 77 Jeep?
    How can I install a good System on a 1977 Jeep with no doors or top?

Here is a picture to give you an example.. I will take more of the inside when I get it back from the mecanic. "it had a transmition oil leak"
  • 11-23-2004, 21:53
    Easy E
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Blastbox
    How can I install a good System on a 1977 Jeep with no doors or top?

Here is a picture to give you an example.. I will take more of the inside when I get it back from the mecanic. "it had a transmition oil leak"

Probally want to go with a removable system. Like a box in the back with 2 speakers (seperated) and a sub in its own part of the enclosure. Get a 4 channel amp to hook it up to. Put that somewhere that would be hard to steal. Hide the CD player in a center console or glove bock and get a lock for it. Its going to be a real creative system thats for sure.
  • 11-23-2004, 22:05
    Blastbox
    yeah! and take out the sub and the speakers each night? or should I just buy the plastic doors and top for $800 and then think about getting a system? :confused:
  • 11-24-2004, 22:37
    Calinada
    As for the HU, in my old '86 Scrambler I had one of the lockable center consoles which was able to mount a deck. Very tough and bolts directly to the floor, not too much vibration or movement and the deck never really skipped unless I was offroad. The biggest plus is that it locks so you don't have to worry about anybody jackin' your deck.