• 06-18-2004, 22:55
    BassKrazy808
    any songs that throw out killer bass?
    anybody know any good rap songs that throw out some killer bass?
  • 06-19-2004, 01:35
    aRv
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BassKrazy808
    anybody know any good rap songs that throw out some killer bass?

hey, i was gonna ask this same kinda question! lol ;)

i jus d/l some new songs after about a year of listening to the same old stuff.

lloyd banks - on fire: sets the rearview mirror rattling and vibrates everything real nice; i'm pretty impressed by him, dude has a real sinister rap style remind me of erik b and rakim of old; i'll prob check out his other stuff 2.

beyonce - naughty girl: really pushes a pressure wave thru the entire truck. i didnt really like the song that much basically listening to it only wen i was slobbering over her video and was quite surprised by the bass hit. cant imagine what a real good 10,12 or 15 will do with this song.

sean paul - still in love typical reggae basslines but still massage the back really well and hits a variety of lower notes.

jaekwon - tipsy for some reason i cant get my sub to play this song too well. bass jus comes out more distorted than powerful? maybe my sub's not up to the demands of this song? anyone else?

those r the only ones that come to mind right now. i'm running a kappa perfect 10.1 powered by a pioneer gmx967 amp pushing 380w rms with jensen 3510 mp3 hu.

wat do u reccomend?
  • 06-19-2004, 04:06
    BassKrazy808
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aRv
    hey, i was gonna ask this same kinda question! lol ;)

i jus d/l some new songs after about a year of listening to the same old stuff.

lloyd banks - on fire: sets the rearview mirror rattling and vibrates everything real nice; i'm pretty impressed by him, dude has a real sinister rap style remind me of erik b and rakim of old; i'll prob check out his other stuff 2.

beyonce - naughty girl: really pushes a pressure wave thru the entire truck. i didnt really like the song that much basically listening to it only wen i was slobbering over her video and was quite surprised by the bass hit. cant imagine what a real good 10,12 or 15 will do with this song.

sean paul - still in love typical reggae basslines but still massage the back really well and hits a variety of lower notes.

jaekwon - tipsy for some reason i cant get my sub to play this song too well. bass jus comes out more distorted than powerful? maybe my sub's not up to the demands of this song? anyone else?

those r the only ones that come to mind right now. i'm running a kappa perfect 10.1 powered by a pioneer gmx967 amp pushing 380w rms with jensen 3510 mp3 hu.

wat do u reccomend?

I got a couple of songs..but there hardcore rap and what not. U basically got the radio jams goin on but yeah they sound good enough. I recomend..

Boyz in tha hood- Eazy E
    Gangsta's paradise-Coolio
    Ambitionz as a rider-Tupac
    Bomb Bud 2-DJ QUIK (Reggae song that throws out the hardest bass ever!)
    Fried Day-Bizzy bone
    Keepn it gangsta-Ice cube

Those are some hard poundin bass songs...Thats juss a couple i got in my head right now. I was wondering if anybody out there would have more songs??
  • 06-19-2004, 06:06
    Hizouse
    A good rap group is "Three 6 Mafia" they have really good bass songs, "I'm so hi", "Where da bud at" they are pretty good... also i heard this"ICP" song that is kinda weird, it has a vampire talking but it goes pretty high to pretty low bass, i will try to find name of the song. but yeah, check these songs out and let me know what you think
  • 06-19-2004, 06:52
    Easy E
    Lil John Get Low
    5 6 Mafia Late Nite Tip

Fifth Element Soundtrack (Has the lowest bass recorded on a cd besides bass cds hits 15hz Track 2 1:10 in)
  • 06-19-2004, 08:01
    CVStroker
    Kid Rock - 3 Sheets to the Wind, Balls in your Mouth, Blow Me, Classic Rock, Desperate-Rado, Genuine Article, Killin' Brain Cells, Paid, Pancake Breakfast, The Cramper, You Don't Know Me (most o these are all off older, out of print albums, if you want them, let me know, I'll see what I can do for ya)

House of Pain - Jump Around

I'm into the old-school white boy rap, not too big on anything that has come out in the past 8 years, I'm a metalhead at heart.
  • 06-19-2004, 12:40
    phrozen5100
    These are just a bunch of songs from my music library I know that have good bass...

Bone Thugs 'N Harmony - If I Could Teach the World
    Bonecrusher - Neva Scared
    Chingy - Holidae In
    David Banner - Fuc* 'Em (one of the best bass songs)
    DMX - Party Up
    Dr. Dre - The Next Episode (great song)
    Jay Z ft Beyonce - Bonnie and Clyde
    Jin - Peel Off (another great song)
    Lil' Jon - Bia Bia (about 2:45 into the song....)
    Lil' Jon - I Don't Give a Fuc*
    Trillville - Neva Eva

David Banner has alot of other good songs too.
  • 06-19-2004, 14:32
    Hessakia
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy E
    Lil John Get Low
    5 6 Mafia Late Nite Tip

Fifth Element Soundtrack (Has the lowest bass recorded on a cd besides bass cds hits 15hz Track 2 1:10 in)

its three six mafia (sometimes refered to as Triple six mafia, or 666 mafia).

but everyoen has some good sugestions, how bout Damn by the Young bloods....
  • 06-19-2004, 15:39
    JynX
    Yall can't forget about the Intro track on the SpeakerBoxxx album!!!
    dat'z killa...
    and dat new Pastor Troy trax, 5, 10, and 13

Lil scrappy - Get Some Crunk in ya System

Twista - 24'z
    dat'z just a few off top of my head
  • 06-19-2004, 16:20
    BassKrazy808
    heres a couple more...

Eazy E- Real Mutherphuckin G's
    Militia- Burn
    Bone thugs- Resurrection
    Twista- like a pimp Remix
  • 06-19-2004, 19:31
    speakerboxx
    Just buy a dirty south mixtape there are thousands out there. Guerillas in the trunk is a mixtape dedicated to the southern rap songs with alot of bass and try some Swisha house screwed music all that **** beats like hell.
  • 06-21-2004, 12:55
    DaCroosh
    For people who know all about bass you guys sure dont have much of an idea of what to listen to for bass.

Do yourself a favor, just buy the Lil Jon cd (kings of crunk). After that, buy the ying yang twins cd (me and my bother). By the time u get enough of that, Lil Jon's new cd "crunk juice", should be out. Other than that, look in to T.I. and Three 6 mafia.

If you could only have one bass song in the world....
    Ying Yang Twins Feat. Lil Jon - Salt Shaker
  • 06-21-2004, 12:59
    CT!!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DaCroosh
    For people who know all about bass you guys sure dont have much of an idea of what to listen to for bass.

Do yourself a favor, just buy the Lil Jon cd (kings of crunk). After that, buy the ying yang twins cd (me and my bother). By the time u get enough of that, Lil Jon's new cd "crunk juice", should be out. Other than that, look in to T.I. and Three 6 mafia.

I'm not much into booty music, but Lil'Jon's Get Low and the mix with Usher on Yeah was pretty damn good. Also like Yin Yang's Salt Shaker. Other then those, I generally feel pretty uncomfortable listening to **** like that. Haha.

Speaking of Salt Shaker....what the hell does "Skeet so much, they call her Billy Ocean" mean? I understand Skeet, but why reference Ocean?! WTF!

Oh, Jaekwon's bass on Tipsy is recorded distorted. Even on a set of $1400 woofs, it still sounds like ass. Haha. Fun song though.

Oh...my wife threw in her .02's with Misteeq's Scandelous....by the way, all these songs sound better with originals...not FM airplay. ;) Damn you Clearchannel!! And southern Idaho!!! ;)
  • 06-21-2004, 15:13
    CVStroker
    Quote:

If you could only have one bass song in the world....
    Ying Yang Twins Feat. Lil Jon - Salt Shaker

Ok, I may know what music has the "best" bass, but I do know what actually involved talent in the creation of the song.

Take this for example: Lil Jon - Get Low, it's essentially a beat line with added effects with vocals over top.

vs.

oh say Kid Rock - Bawitdaba, it consists of 2 guitars, keyboards, turntables, an insane drummer, and a vocalist.

I know for a fact that Kid Rock could remake Get Low and make it sound origional except for the sound of the vocals, can Lil Jon remake Bawitdaba and make it sound origional?

btw, if you doubt Kid Rock's ability to rap, just track down a copy of Early Mornin' Stoned Pimp (the album, not song), that will show you how good he can rap.
  • 06-21-2004, 17:30
    ijoey1017i
    Warren G - Regulators!!!
  • 06-22-2004, 14:25
    speakerboxx
    wait a minute stroker you cant take anything from lil john's talent. He is the hottest producer in the country right now. Everyone wants to do a song with him b/c they know it would be a hit record. If you did know anything about lil john you would know that he listens to all music from country to rock he can remake any song it make sound original off topic but had to get that out.
  • 06-22-2004, 16:53
    CVStroker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by speakerboxx
    wait a minute stroker you cant take anything from lil john's talent. He is the hottest producer in the country right now. Everyone wants to do a song with him b/c they know it would be a hit record. If you did know anything about lil john you would know that he listens to all music from country to rock he can remake any song it make sound original off topic but had to get that out.

I'm not saying he's not good at what he does, making beats and producing. But if you compare him to someone like Kid Rock, he's nothing special. Rock has been producing, recording, and making beats since he was 15, he's been at it for almost 20 years, one of the best in the business, just never popular until he released Devil Without a Cause. Being the hottest is completely different than being the best. Take a look at the boy bands of the lat 90s, doesn't take a lot of talent to dance and lip-synch, but they were the hottest thing out there.

Lil Jon may listen to everything, but Rock plays everything.

Interesting note, Kid Rock wrote, recorded, and mastered the song Only God Knows Why by himself in 3 hours. That includes writing the vocals and music for each instrument by himself, recording vocals and each instrument by himself, and mastering it by himself, that says something about skills and talent.
  • 06-22-2004, 18:21
    Easy E
    Lil John the hottest out there? What u smoking, no one heard of Lil John untill he was on the Chappelle show, and its true all he does is say "Yeah", "What", "Ok" hahaha. Serious, I dont like him and I dont care for new rap artist they all lack talnet mostly. About bass songs, get ahold of Pink Floyd. Welcome to the Machine has a really long killer bass in the beginning quite overwhelming. Let see also play the Wall Disc 1 or 2, that has some good quality bass real clean beats. Santana supernatural has a few songs cant remeber wit some real clean quality bass. What else umm Pink Floyd Darkside of the moon track 1 Speak to me/Breathe to me, it has that killer beat in the beginning.
  • 06-22-2004, 23:00
    speakerboxx
    Quote:

Lil John the hottest out there? What u smoking, no one heard of Lil John untill he was on the Chappelle show, and its true all he does is say "Yeah", "What", "Ok" hahaha. Serious, I dont like him and I dont care for new rap artist they all lack talnet mostly. About bass songs, get ahold of Pink Floyd. Welcome to the Machine has a really long killer bass in the beginning quite overwhelming. Let see also play the Wall Disc 1 or 2, that has some good quality bass real clean beats. Santana supernatural has a few songs cant remeber wit some real clean quality bass. What else umm Pink Floyd Darkside of the moon track 1 Speak to me/Breathe to me, it has that killer beat in the beginning.

Ok what are YOU SMOKING what do you mean no one has heard of lil john since the chappelle show. Rephrase yyou havent heard of lil john since the chapelle show. I first heard of him back in 95 maybe earlier. Thats your opinion if u dont like him or the other new rap artist. T.I. is another rapper that is talented and hot. But how can u compare kid rock to lil john as far as producing no contest. Maybe as far as lyrics yeah kid rock but not producing.He is not a rapper he is a producer.
  • 06-23-2004, 04:59
    Easy E
    Quote:

Ok what are YOU SMOKING what do you mean no one has heard of lil john since the chappelle show. Rephrase yyou havent heard of lil john since the chapelle show. I first heard of him back in 95 maybe earlier. Thats your opinion if u dont like him or the other new rap artist. T.I. is another rapper that is talented and hot. But how can u compare kid rock to lil john as far as producing no contest. Maybe as far as lyrics yeah kid rock but not producing.He is not a rapper he is a producer.

Did I ever mention Kid Rock in my statement NO! Is Little John hella annoying in rap songs hell yes. Do I give a rats ass about Lil John nope. And that is my story. I listen to very few rap these days and I can tell you what, he is no producer in the stuff I listen to.
  • 06-23-2004, 08:46
    CVStroker
    Quote:

Um, you're saying Lil Jon is a producer not a rapper? Because I sure as hell know that Kid Rock is both rapper and producer, just hasn't released any of his rap songs recently. He has produced every one of the albums on his record label and then some since 1990.
  • 06-23-2004, 08:52
    CT!!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CVStroker
    Kid Rock is my baby's daddy!!.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speakerboxxx
    Lil' Jon r0x0r's ma b0x0rs!!!

Quote:

All yous guys's rap guys's can kiss my white ass! Hail Pink Floyd!

Well, at least its not a West coast/East coast debate. Hahaha.

P.S
    Lil' Jon was in the clubs (in Boise, Idaho no less) WAY before the chappelle show. But knowing who Lil' Jon was made that **** even more funny. Haha.

And personally...I though Rock's last album sucked the proverbial donkey's nutz. I actually paid cash for that ****. Ack.
  • 06-23-2004, 09:17
    Hessakia
    Eagles - Hotel California has a helluva bass beat.
  • 06-23-2004, 09:19
    Hessakia
    Quote:

Actually Lil Jon has been around a long long time.... ever hear the song Bia Bia? that song pounds, and it has been out for years now.... all chapelle did was make fun of the yeah song wiht a couple catch phrases.
    lil john doesnt rap much, but me makes the beats for all the songs--he is a producer, not a rapper
  • 06-23-2004, 09:37
    CVStroker
    Ohh, I just thought of one, Uncle Kracker - Steaks & Shrimp, nice bassline
  • 06-23-2004, 09:52
    DaCroosh
    Why even try to make a rediculous comparison of lil jon and kid rock. Nobody will ever win. Lil jon is great at what he does, and yes, he is the hottest producer out there right now. THe original topic was about bass and nobody is more consistant on rediculous bass than lil jon. That's why i said buy his whole cd, you will get a whole cd full of bass. Just not one or two songs. WHo cares about comparing lil jon and kid rock, really?
  • 06-23-2004, 10:00
    CT!!
    I know its not Rap, but I wish Korn would make a mix album (ala Linkin Park's Reanimation) that did more with thier electronica selections then their heavier stuff. I mean, its all good, but Davis's voice mixed in with those heavy bass samples is pretty damn cool. There are a few songs on the untouchables that are really bass heavy, but then they start pounding away on the guitars, etc. Gets harsh.
  • 06-23-2004, 11:00
    aRv
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CT!!
    Speaking of Salt Shaker....what the hell does "Skeet so much, they call her Billy Ocean" mean? I understand Skeet, but why reference Ocean?! WTF!

billy ocean?! haHA! u guys r as old as me if u know who that is! lol. :p

anyone listen to classical? i think the 1812 or william tell overature is supposed to have some very deep canon fire from kettle drums in the orchestra. isnt the pipe organ supposed to be the only instrument capable of hitting notes below 20hz even 10hz? not sure if car subs will even be able to play that. i dare u all to tool around town blaring some pipe organ music! u'll become very popular. :D
    some drum and bass that i used to listen to really played around with deep bass, jmj richie and goldie were some good artists.

for rap music, i miss the days of chuckD and public enemy. i dont think anyone's voice has come close to matching his for flow and power. and for producers, no one comes close to the magic of Puff Daddy or Pdiddy!!! he raps as good as he looks.... awful! :p i think he shuld change his name to Piss Daddy.
  • 06-23-2004, 12:13
    CT!!
    I remember who Billy Ocean is...thats why the reference is so obscure...I don't get the relavance. I don't think many folks want to drive around, booming out classical or pipe organs....if its just for the bass, then any 808 style bass CD would be fine.

I hear ya on PDiddy....I hate his "lyrical skills", but I love the songs he mixes to. The latest on the "I don't wanna know" (which has some hard hitting bass notes in the upper 60-80hz range). Great song till he comes in swinging with such tidbits as "I gave you extra cheese, put you in a SUV" or some **** like that. Hahaha.
  • 06-23-2004, 12:56
    jadedstar499
    Alright, you guys gave some disgusting songs for rap. I downloaded some, waste of time. If you want to bump.... you listen to these songs. My family can hear my coming down the block with these...I get yelled at by my neighbors..cops called on me.
    YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH THESE SONGS!

Birdman-What Happened to that Boy
    Big Tymers- Still fly
    Big Tymers-Do that
    C-Murder-Down for my N*ggaz
    David Banner-Get down (like A pimp)
    Jay-Z= Big Pimpin and Dirt off your shoulder
    Juvenile-Back that ass up & In My Life
    Lil jon- Throw it up ---highly recommend

Master P- Them Jeans & Hoody Hoo & Goodside Badside ACT A FOOL
    Nelly- Air Force Ones
    Petey Pablo- Freak A leak
    T.I.- Rubberband Man
    Ying Yang Twinz- Salt Shaker &Georgia Dome & By Myself
  • 06-23-2004, 13:29
    CT!!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jadedstar499
    My family can hear my coming down the block with these...I get yelled at by my neighbors..cops called on me.

Not a big fan of my neighbors yelling at me or cops being called. I guess those songs are not for me. Haha.
  • 06-23-2004, 14:03
    CVStroker
    Quote:

Alright, you guys gave some disgusting songs for rap. I downloaded some, waste of time. If you want to bump.... you listen to these songs. My family can hear my coming down the block with these...I get yelled at by my neighbors..cops called on me.

Big Tymers- Still fly
    Big Tymers-Do that

Nelly- Air Force Ones
    T.I.- Rubberband Man

Wait, wasn't the point of having a system in a car in the first place to listen to music, not over-powering basslines and cheesy lyrics? I'll admit, I may not listen what can be deemed the most pleasing music, but at least it's more than electronic bass beats and samples of songs from the past.

I'm betting you haven't heard 90% of those songs I listed off the first time, so you can't say they don't have good bass either.
  • 06-24-2004, 04:24
    DaCroosh
    Quote:

Big Tymers- Still fly
    Big Tymers-Do that

Nelly- Air Force Ones
    T.I.- Rubberband Man

Like i said, buy the whole lil jon cd. You will get more bass out of that than any other song combo.
  • 06-24-2004, 08:02
    jadedstar499
    Boom Boom
    Yea, get the lil Jon Cd if ALL you want to hear is "YEAAA" "OOKKK!" "WHHAATT?" That gets annoying after 3 songs. And CV- these guys wanted to know extreme bass songs, if they wanted GOOD music, I would offer, "Black Dog" by Zeppelin, some Pink Floyd, VAN HALEN, AC/DC, JIMI HENDRIX. All of those Bands have great music and lyrics....but if you're rolling around town...or you want to show someone what your system can do.... you listen to "Air Force Ones" or "Throw it up"
    I listen from Frank Sinatra, to Slipknot to Master P.....when I want to hear my system, what kind of music am I going to choose?-Master P
  • 06-24-2004, 08:27
    DaCroosh
    Quote:

Yea, get the lil Jon Cd if ALL you want to hear is "YEAAA" "OOKKK!" "WHHAATT?" That gets annoying after 3 songs. And CV- these guys wanted to know extreme bass songs, if they wanted GOOD music, I would offer, "Black Dog" by Zeppelin, some Pink Floyd, VAN HALEN, AC/DC, JIMI HENDRIX. All of those Bands have great music and lyrics....but if you're rolling around town...or you want to show someone what your system can do.... you listen to "Air Force Ones" or "Throw it up"
    I listen from Frank Sinatra, to Slipknot to Master P.....when I want to hear my system, what kind of music am I going to choose?-Master P

So let me get this striaght you dont like loud bass songs that have words like, "YEAAA" "OOKKK!" "WHHAATT?"

But you do like weak bass tracks (compared to lil jon) with words like, "UGGGGH" "HOODY HOO" "WOBBLE WOBBLE"

If you must listen to master p, get this.... of course it's not p's beat.
    master p FEATURING LIL JON - act a fool
  • 06-24-2004, 10:45
    Hessakia
    Let me say it agian, Lil Jon is a Producer, not a rapper. He gets various little lines in songs, just like Dr. Dre ("hell yeah"). Lil Jon makes some good beats. IF you want songs that honestly pound beyond belief--try some Techno, lots of techno beats will rattle everything.

Head Bussa by Thrillville is what finally killed my kappa if you wannt check that song out.

Hess.
  • 06-24-2004, 11:08
    DaCroosh
    Are you serious?

Ok so you are saying that on Dr. Dre's 3 albums all he has is one liners like "hell yeah"? You are also saying that lil jon never has verses on his albums??? You really have no idea about rap if that is what you are saying. Dr. Dre is one of the greatest rap producers yes, but he also has rapped on every single album. On Dre 2001 i believe that there was one song where he didnt have a verse, i believe it was "murders". If you are talking about other singles where the song is featuring him, then yes he mostly is just doing one-liners and he produced the track. Lil jon, yes is a producer but he does rap too, maybe can you distinguish his voice from the eastside boys but he is definitely in all of his albums with hooks and verses.

I think dre and lil jon would be offended if you called them just producers, b/c they didnt just jump in and produce, they got their start rapping and moved into it. Dr dre, will be just a producer after his last album drops later this year, "detox”.
  • 06-24-2004, 11:43
    CVStroker
    Quote:

Are you serious?

Ok so you are saying that on Dr. Dre's 3 albums all he has is one liners like "hell yeah"? You are also saying that lil jon never has verses on his albums??? You really have no idea about rap if that is what you are saying. Dr. Dre is one of the greatest rap producers yes, but he also has rapped on every single album. On Dre 2001 i believe that there was one song where he didnt have a verse, i believe it was "murders". If you are talking about other singles where the song is featuring him, then yes he mostly is just doing one-liners and he produced the track. Lil jon, yes is a producer but he does rap too, maybe can you distinguish his voice from the eastside boys but he is definitely in all of his albums with hooks and verses.

I think dre and lil jon would be offended if you called them just producers, b/c they didnt just jump in and produce, they got their start rapping and moved into it. Dr dre, will be just a producer after his last album drops later this year, "detox”.

Ok, now this is getting annoying. I know I started it with the Kid Rock vs. Lil Jon thing, but now I'm asking for it to stop, no-one will win. Lil Jon has a lot great bass beats, but so do a lot of other producers and artists. Some are auguably better, some worse, depends on who is listening to what. I prefer stuff like Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit, Powerman 5000 and Mudvayne, DaCroosh prefers Lil Jon and Dr. Dre, so be it. Can we stop now?
  • 06-24-2004, 12:06
    DaCroosh
    I never said anything about perferring dr. dre. I was just proving a point.
  • 06-24-2004, 15:11
    Hessakia
    Quote:

Are you serious?

"Now all I get is hate mail all day sayin Dre fell off
    What cause I been in the lab wit a pen and a pad
    tryin to get this damn label off?
    I ain't havin that; this is the millenium of Aftermath
    It ain't gon' be nothin after that
    So give me one more platinum plaque
    and **** rap! You can have it back"
    -Forgot about Dre

That album was Dr. Dre's Last, which was released on November 16, 1999. since then, no albums, only producing--and by the verse in the song Forgot About Dre, he's done. He's a producer now, hasn't had an album in almost 5 years, he is not a rapper anymore. And on top of htat, he's only had 2 albums (the chronic-December 15, 1992, and the aforementioned 2001.) do your homework wise ass.